56

Katie's pov

We went to IHOP to eat dinner. After that we went home.

"I have to say, Taylor. You keep the place nice." I laughed. He did too. We then sat down at the island.

"What do you want to do with your life?" He asked.

"I never wanted to sing until Luke mentioned it to me." I said.

"Is or something you want to do for him?" He asked.

"I enjoyed doing it. But hockey has always been a huge part of my life. I'd be giving up a lot." I admitted.

"That didn't answer the question, Katie." He softly said.

"I want to be with him but it seems like it's not going to work out." I sighed. Here comes the waterworks.

"It works out for Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher." He says.

"But the roles are reversed here. And either way, I don't know what Luke wants." I said, wiping my tears.

"You guys didn't talk about it?" He asked.

"We said I love you before I left but that was as far as we could get." I said.

"I have a date with Stella, my girlfriend. But we can talk about this more?" He asked. I nodded. He left.

-
Luke's pov

"Show was great boys!" Ashton said. We all agreed.

"Should we go out?" Calum asked.

"You guys can. I'm going to Philly." I said.

"Luke, you can't do that." Mike said.

"We have two days off. It's enough time." I said.

"We'll have press and media." Ashton said.

"Then cover for me! I have to see her!" I pleaded. Ashton sighed before nodding.

"Go, Luke."

*
I landed in Philly two hours ago but got lost. And now my phone is dead.

"Fuck!" I yelled, in frustration. It's a habit I picked up from Katie. I may have played for the Phantoms, but I never learned my way around Philly. Allentown? I could walk with my eyes closed.

I'm pretty close to Citizens Bank Park and there's a Phillies game tonight so I'm thinking of just going and seeing the game. I'm not going to have any luck tonight with Katie. I buy a ticket and get in. I take my seat, alone, and wait.

"Tonight, throwing out the first pitch, we have Lehigh Valley Phantom's Katie Smith!" I heard. I looked to the pitchers mound to see Katie standing there waving. She threw out a damn good first pitch. She's here. I need to see her.

-
Katie's pov

I get back to my seat eventually, and see my phones been going off. I answer Emily's call.

"What's up, Em?"

"How are you and Luke?" She asked. What?

"Uh, I'm not sure. I haven't seen him.." I said.

"What do you mean? He flew to Philly to see you." She said. What??

"Are you serious? Well I haven't seen him. I'm at the Phillies game." I told her.

"We'll find him! I'm pretty sure he's lost in Philly with a dead phone!" She yelled. I sighed. I looked to the jumbo board, and there he was.

"Found him." I sighed, hanging up the phone. They were showing him because he's a celebrity. I knew exactly where he was. I knew all these stadiums like the back of my hand.

It took me a bit to get there, be thankfully he was still there.

"Luke? What are you doing here?" I asked him. He immediately stood up.

"I came here to see you but my phone died and I don't know my way around Philly but I knew there was a Phillies game so I figured I may as well come see it because I knew I wouldn't have any luck with finding you tonight-"

"Shut up and kiss her, kid." And older man said. So he did.

Luke kissed me.

A/n: if you want an idea of what Katie looks like, picture her as Selena Gomez. Or picture her as yourself 💛 also, do you guys like long chapters? I always have a lot to write but I'm afraid you won't like reading a lot! Please let me know