58

(this chapter will have lots of drama, and might be all over the places. Stick with me)

Katie's pov

"We always end up at IHOP." I laughed. Taylor and I got into his car, after we ate.

"What's better than cheap pancakes?" He laughed. We finally decided to go home.

"I'm gonna miss having you around, again." He said, unlocking the door.

"It's only two weeks." I sighed. He opened the door, and the first thing we saw was Luke and Stella making out on the couch. Taylor looked at me then back at them. In this situation, I can't tell which of us is more hurt.

"You've got to be kidding me." I laughed. I actually laughed.

"Tell me this is a joke. A prank. Something. Please, Stella, I'm begging you." Taylor pleaded. We finally stepped inside our house and closed the door. I've never seen Taylor so upset.

"Look, Taylor-"

"We're done. I'm just happy you didn't mean anything to me yet. Two weeks. That's all it took." Taylor coldly said, going to his room and slamming the door. He doesn't cry in front of people. So I understood why he went to his room.

"Did you not hear him? Leave. Now. And never come back." I spat.

"Who are you to tell me?" She laughed.

"This is my house too. Out!" I yelled. She sighed, rolled her eyes, but finally left.

"Katie.." Luke started.

"Coach said yes. I can go on tour." I weakly said, dropping my hockey bag and going to my room. I closed the door, and cried.

*

"You don't have to go, Katie." Taylor said, as we hugged.

"I already told Emily and Jessa. I can't do that to them." I said, crying into the hug.

"What's your plan?" Taylor asked, knowing that I had one.

"I'm not gonna tell them what happened. I'll act happy with Luke for them but behind closed doors, I'll avoid him." I said. He just nodded. He was too weak himself right now. When I pulled away, I noticed he was crying too.

"Taylor.." I weakly said, my voice even cracked. My first reaction was to wipe away his tears, because he's done the same for me countless times.

"If you don't want me to go, just say it." I said. He shook his head, now wiping his own tears.

"Go Katie. And have the best time of your life." He smiled.

"I love you, T." I smiled.

"I love you, Smith."

*

We landed in England. This part of the tour was Europe. I've never been here. Also, I went over the plan with Luke. He only agreed because he's done enough damage. So I wiped away the sadness, grabbed my suitcase, and locked hands with him.

Of course, paparazzi swarmed us. Questions were shouted, flashing lights everywhere. This was something I never got used to. It's one thing for hockey, but I've never been in this situation for music.

"Are you guys dating?"

"What's going on?"

"What happened with Arzaylea?"

We ignored the questions, and although I was mad at Luke, I moved closer to him. He understood this motion because he held my hand a little tighter. He knew I was scared and he also knew I hated other people knowing when I'm scared.

Eventually we got to the van. Thankfully I had sunglasses on because I hadn't even noticed I was crying. This time it wasn't because of Luke. I think I'm experiencing a panic attack. Once we got into the car, I couldn't breath. I held my hand to my chest.

"Katie? Katie's what's wrong?" Luke asked. I looked at him frantically but I couldn't bring words to my mouth.

"Are you having a panic attack? Pull over!" Luke yelled to the driver. Once we were far enough from the paparazzi, he did. Luke helped me out. I took deep breaths. This is not just from paparazzi. It's from being in another country for the first time. Being so far from home.

So when Luke pulled me into his chest, I didn't fight it. I knew I was shaking and crying, but Luke didn't let me go.

And that's a big jump back to trust.