66

Katie's pov

I excused myself. I put my shirt back on, and went up to the rooftop of the hotel. I discovered this place when we first got here. It's not far from our hotel room.

I sat with my legs to my chest, looking down. It was very high up. I'm not scared though. I'm more scared about what's going to happen with Luke and I.

It's been three hours now, it's freezing, raining, and windy. I've been crying for two of the three hours.

I can't face seeing Luke again. I can't face seeing any of them again. I'm stuck, I don't know my way around England, we still have 12 shows left. I can't call Taylor because it's early in Philly.

I sat closer to the edge, letting my feet dangle. It was an electrifying feeling.

"Katie? What are you doing?" I heard Ashton yell from the door.

"Go away." I yelled.

"No." I heard him yell. He eventually made his way over to me.

"You aren't going to jump are you?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"I can't face anyone after this." I said. He sighed, wrapping his sweat jacket around me. He pulled me closer to him, mainly to prevent me from getting any colder.

"Luke is a really understanding person. He's mad now, but he'll understand later." Ashton said.

"I didn't want to listen. I wanted to be right. Even Taylor texted me saying the same thing but I didn't believe him. This is all my fault." I admitted, more tears running down my face. You couldn't really tell with the rain though.

"I'm not going to lie and say it isn't your fault. But it's his fault just as much as yours. He should've got the footage quicker." Ashton said. I nodded to avoid anymore conversation. None of this is Luke's fault.

"We really should go in. You especially, you're in a bikini." He said. He stood up, lending a hand. We went inside.

"You can go to your hotel room, Katie. Luke isn't going to lock you out." Ashton said once he realized I was following him. I didn't even notice I was, to be honest.

I took my time heading to my hotel room. I thought of every possible thing that could go wrong. By the time my hand was on the door knob, I was shaking. Not because I'm cold or scared, but because I'm nervous. I opened the door, and saw Luke on the deck. I sighed deeply, grabbing clothes out of my suitcase. I took a warm shower, got dressed, and sat on the bed.

He didn't notice I'm here yet. I'm not quite sure what I should do. I could talk to him or give him space. Neither sounded good to me but I went with the space.

I checked my phone, Taylor had texted me.

From: Taylor
Hey, how's England? How are you and Luke?

I sighed, turning off my phone. Everything will be easier to explain in person. It's too much to text. I'll give him a call later today. It's three am.

Luke got up, and my heart started to race. It's too late to pretend to be asleep.

"Where have you been? At another club?" He asked, numbly.

"The rooftop." I said quietly.

"It's raining and cold, why did you go up there?" He asked.

"I didn't know where else to go." I shyly admitted. I could see his facial expression soften.

"Katie.." he sighed. He walked over to the bed.

"This isn't about me. It's about you Luke, I'm so sorry I didn't believe you." I said, backing away from him. I'm not sure why I did though.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked, smirking.

"Don't get ahead of yourself now." I rolled my eyes.

"Let's just put this in the past, okay?"