119

trigger warning: this chapter has a brief mention of rape/abuse if you aren't comfortable skip this chapter, you won't miss much 💛 (I do not go into details!)

Katie's pov

I told Luke. I told Luke the worst thing that happened to me down there. He seemed to freeze for a minute before heating up.

"I'm gonna kill him." Luke coldly said, dropping my hands to stand up. I just looked down, constantly wiping my uncontrollable tears.

Luke begins pacing, and Calum walks in but stays at the entrance, biting his lip. He can tell something's wrong, anyone could.

"Luke, please calm down. This is why I didn't want to tell you, or anyone. I didn't want you getting mad." I softly say, biting my own lip now. Calum gives me a confused look that I choose to ignore.

"I'm not mad at you, Katie. I'm mad at him." Luke says, angrily. Luke doesn't get angry often, but when he does, it can be scary. I know he'd never hurt me intentionally, but I still don't like seeing him like this.

"Luke, calm down." Calum demands, stepping more into the locker room.

"J raped her, Calum! You're seriously telling me to calm down?" Luke yells. Calum's face goes pale as if he's seen a ghost. But he quickly recovers.

"No one is more upset about this than me, Luke." I say, my voice stronger now. I stand up.  Luke begins to calm down, as do I. I didn't even notice my hands were shaky until Calum grabbed them for a minute.

"Calm down. You're okay, Luke's okay. Everyone is okay right now. Everyone is safe." Calum reminds me, before letting my hands go. He begins to pack up my stuff, allowing Luke and I to talk.

"Do you think of me differently now?" I quietly ask Luke, slightly embarrassed. He looks down to me, his height always towering over me.

"Never."

*
Luke's pov

I wake up to a scream right next to me. With a racing heart, I notice Katie's awake. She must've had a bad dream. She has been lately.

"I can't do this anymore Luke." She cries. I bring her into my chest, letting her sob.

"I can't get him out of my head, it won't leave me alone, Luke. I can't sleep, I feel dirty. I want it all to go away." She sobs, her voice breaking. Her hand is clasped onto my shirt, I gently rock her back and forth.

"Katie, he's gone now. You don't have to worry about him. It's okay now, I've got you." I remind her, rubbing her back along with rocking her. Her sobs get quieter, and soon she's just trying to catch her breath.

"I don't want to sleep." She quietly speaks up. I nod.

"Let's go." I tell her, extending my hand which she takes. I walk us to the balcony, wrapping a blanket around us before we go out. The view up here is beautiful, the stars stand out.

I sit down on the big comfortable oval chair we have out here, and Katie fits perfectly next to me. It's quite comfortable, with the blanket around us. She leans her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for everything." She quietly says. My heart breaks for her.

"Don't be." I tell her. She stays silent. I can't imagine the guilt, and fear she has built up in her. I can tell she's tired because he grip in my hand becomes looser, and her breathing becomes slower and quieter. Eventually she falls asleep.

A/n: next chapters will be happier, I promise💛