50

Katie's pov

"Are you gonna call him?" She asked.

"What's going on?" Calum asked.

"Shut up." Emily and I said simultaneously.

"I don't know, Em." I sighed.

"Please tell us what's going on." Luke said.

"You can tell them, Em. I can't take this." I said, leaving my phone and walking to the garage gym.

I worked out for a couple hours, clearing my head.

-
Luke's pov

"Her agent called her this morning. He said that the GM's are talking. The Phantoms and San Jose Barracuda's. There's a good chance she's getting traded." Emily explained. The four of us boys were shocked. Our mouths dropped.

"She can't get traded." I said.

"Guys we heard her say that it hasn't been easy playing for them. Was she referring to us?" Calum sadly asked.

"We did put her through hell." Michael reminded.

"That was over a year ago." Ashton reminded.

"Doesn't mean it didn't happen." Calum said. We all sighed, sitting at the table. I guess we were waiting for her to come out of the garage.

After a couple hours of sitting around she finally came out.

"Katie, you have to call him." Emily softly said.

"I'll finish off whatever I have left on my contract but I'm done hockey after that." She said.

"What? No!" I said.

"It's not your decision." She said.

"You'll adjust if you get traded. You can't give up your whole career over this." Emily said.

"It's not just that, Emily. I don't even know if I can play again!" She spat. By the look on her face, I don't think she meant to say that.

"What do you mean?" Emily asked standing up. I saw Michael put a hand on Emily's shoulder and saw Katie roll her eyes at the gesture.

"There's a possibility that my knee injury completely ruined my career." She sighed.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?" Emily asked.

"Oh, I don't know, because I didn't want it to be true?" Katie yelled back. I sighed. Michael was calming Emily down, Calum looked very confused, Ashton was looking at Katie's phone and I didn't know what to do.

"It's your agent. He's calling." Ashton said, handing Katie her phone. Katie swallowed hard looking at all of us.

"You can do this, Kate." Ashton smiled. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hello?" Katie asked.

-
Katie's pov

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Katie, I have some good news and bad news." John said.

"What is it?" I asked. Everyone was staring at me.

"Good news is that the Flyers want you to practice with the team when you get back. Bad news is that talks about trade are still going on." He said. I smiled brightly.

"They want me to practice with them? Oh my gosh!" I squealed.

"Calm down, don't think you'll be playing with them this season. They just want to see what you can do." He said.

"Thanks, John!" I said, hanging up.

"What happened?" Emily asked.

"Well the good news is that the Flyers want to practice with me, bad news is that talks of trade are still on." I said.

"That's good." She smiled.

"If they trade you to the Barracuda's, you'll get to live near us." Michael reminded.

"That's a selfish though." I scoffed.

"And that's coming from the most selfish person I know."