51

Katie's pov

By now, Joanna had come downstairs.

"You're kidding right? I dropped early training to come down here and stayed months longer than I had to." I laughed.

"Actually you had to stay." Michael rolled his eyes.

"No I didn't. I could've transferred to a different doctor back in Philly but I figured I may as well stay while you guys aren't touring." I told him.

"You only stayed for the girls, admit it." He scoffed.

"Well why would I want to stay for you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Since the day I met you, you've been an asshole. You made AHL hockey the hardest thing for me, and it should be the easiest." I told him. Michael laughed.

"You act like you don't like me but you must be forgetting the times where you desperately came to me after Luke had hurt you. And then you would be even more hurt when I couldn't help you because I was with Emily." Michael said, smirking. Oh how I wanted to slap him.

"So Katie Smith is in fact a whore?" I heard Arzaylea smirk.

"When did you get here?" I scoffed. She sat next to Luke. It just now came to me that everyone was silently listening while Michael and I fought. We were the only two stood up.

"Avoiding everything I said?" Michael laughed. Arzaylea did too.

"I'm not sure I can say what I want in front of everyone here." I admitted. I felt trapped suddenly and all I want to do is leave.

"Go ahead." Michael shrugged.

"I never went to you because I liked you like that. I went to you in hopes you could help me with Luke because I love him a lot-"

"Love? You said love." Arzaylea stood up now.

"Yes, Arzaylea. I love Luke. But I'm not going to interfere because I know he's happy with you." I said.

"I don't want you around him."

"That isn't your say." Luke said.

"Anyway, I was gaining feelings for Luke and I had never felt like that about anyone. With my dad sick, I didn't really have anyone to go to." I said to Michael. But the thought of my dad no longer here back in my head, it made me cry.

"You're so dramatic. Why are you crying? I'm sure daddy is okay." Arzaylea scoffed. That lit the fire inside me.

"You know what, Arzaylea? I'm so tired of your bullshit." I yelled, pushing her into the wall. It didn't hurt her, I made sure of that. But it scared her. That's what I wanted.

"My dad isn't okay, actually. He passed away. So don't you dare speak of him again. You have no respect for anyone. So what if I love Luke? At least it's genuine love. We all know that you don't really love Luke. You love the fame, attention and money. And that's never something I needed nor cared about." I spat, backing away from her.

Everyone around the room looked shocked, including Michael. He pulled me into a hug when I started crying more. I missed my dad so much.

"I was just trying to get you here Katie. Not to the parts about your dad, but to where you would tell Luke you still love him. Because everyone knows he needs to hear it from someone who can actually love him." Michael whispered into my ear. I just nodded, too emotionally exhausted to fight it. I felt a hand pull me back. It was Arzaylea.

"Luke is mine, now." She said. 

"Yea, I know."