62

Katie's pov

I left them on stage, and grabbed my clothes. I changed, and walked out to the van on my own. Luckily no paparazzi was there. And all fans were inside or out front of the stadium.

To: Taylor
What did you want to talk about?

From: Taylor
Stella. She set Luke up.

To: Taylor
How?

From: Taylor
She threatened to ruin yours and my career if he didn't make out with her.

I locked my phone, not wanting to deal with that bullshit. He obviously doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. And if that were true, Luke would've tried to tell me that by now. About twenty minutes later, they came to the van.

"You okay?" Emily asked, sitting next to me.

"Great." I smiled.

We drove to the hotel first. I grabbed my hockey bag, and Ashton did the same.

"I'll be back soon." Ashton said, then kissing Jessa. I sat in the car and waited. Luke didn't bother coming down.

"Nearest hockey rink, please." Ashton said to the driver, sitting next to me.

Once we got there, I found out Ashton got a key. Since we would be in different parts of England for this week. We went to separate locker rooms, and then met on the ice.

"So, how come you wanted to come here tonight?" Ashton asked, as we warmed up. We are stretching first.

"Coach says I have to practice two hours for seven days a week." I said, moving on to skating. We skated a couple laps.

"Shootout?" He asked. I nodded. We spent an hour doing different shooting drills. We spent another hour practicing our skating.

"Damn, I'm out of shape." Ashton laughed. I did too.

"What's going on with you and Luke?" He asked.

"What do you mean? We're great." I smiled. He just sighed. We then went to our separate locker rooms. I looked at the tight black dress I packed. The legal drinking age here is 18. And I turned 18 a couple months ago. I decided against going out though. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt along with slides. I packed everything up and met Ashton at the car.

*

Luke was sleeping when I got in. So I was quiet as I possibly could be. I gently put my stuff down, and walked over to the window seat. We're pretty high up, so the view is amazing. I turn my phone on silent and take a picture. Without even realizing, I take a picture of Luke too. I sigh deeply, putting my headphones in. It's 12 am.

I go on twitter and see that 'stick to hockey katie' is trending. I sigh again. Why is the World cruel? Why can't you try out new things without being judged? Like usual, I cry. Our hotel has a deck, so I decide to go outside.

It's a lot more peaceful. With my headphones out, and the nice breeze. I can finally breathe. Also, I can cry without Luke hearing me. I've always held up a tough front in front of people. Luke is the only one I'm comfortable crying in front of. And Taylor.

I grab Luke's acoustic guitar and go back outside. I strum it, to Ruin by Shawn Mendes.

-
Luke's pov

I wake up to the strumming of a guitar. That's new. I look around for Katie to see she's on the deck. I sigh in relief. I dial room service and order hot chocolate for us. It takes around ten minutes but it finally gets here. I take our cups and go on the deck.

"Hey.." I softly said. She looked up to me, her eyes red from what I'm guessing is tears. I hand her, her hot chocolate.

"Thanks." She quickly says.

"Can we talk about this? Please?" I asked. She sighed, setting the guitar down gently.

"There's nothing to talk about, Luke, I'm sorry." She said, going inside.

Now it's my turn to cry.