90

Katie's pov

"He couldn't have meant that." Emily says, rubbing my back. Emily said it was best to have a girls night after I told her what happened.

"Maybe we weren't meant to be." I shrug, spooning some more cookie dough ice cream into my mouth. A girls night to Emily is ice cream, popcorn, and movies. Nails too. But I'd rather be doing shots of Tequila at the local bar.

"Maybe we should get out, have fun tonight." Joanna suggested, basically reading my mind. Emily shook her head.

"Why not? I think it's a great idea. And we even get to dress up and do hair and makeup." I pointed out to Emily. That's what sparked her interest. Almost immediately, she was picking out dresses for the three of us and Joanna was setting up hair and makeup products.

*

I picked the most revealing dress from my choices. Joanna and Emily did my hair, and we're about to head out.

"Where do you guys think you're going?" Michael stops us.

"To a club, move." I say, trying to push past him. But Calum is now next to him.

"Tonight's movie night, remember?" Calum asks.

"Ah shit. Forgot. Now move." I tell him again, giving him warning eyes.

"You're not going anywhere dressed like that." Taylor walks up.

"Why not, dad?" I roll my eyes. He sighs.

"Bad press. Not only that, but you and Luke need to talk." He says, standing next to Calum.

"You don't own me, none of you do. And Luke isn't here stopping me, he doesn't care." I remind them. They wait a few minutes as if they expected Luke to come, but not to my surprise, he didn't.

I push past the three, and head to the elevator, waiting for the girls.

*
-
Emily's pov

"Please, look after her. She's heartbroken. Heartache and alcohol don't mix well." Taylor tells me. I nod.

"When Katie drinks, she tends to over do it. She'll either be really happy or really sad. I know I can trust you guys but I'm just worried." He says again.

"We'll handle her, I promise. But you guys have to handle Luke. We all know this isn't permanent. They need to communicate better." Joanna says. I nod in agreement.

"Deal."

*

Joanna and I decided to drink lightly. Wine coolers at the most. We both need to keep an eye on Katie. We're not even half a wine cooler in, and she's on her sixth shot of tequila.

"We need to stop her." Joanna says, setting her drink down.

"It's barely been two hours. I feel bad making her leave." I say. She nods.

"Another hour at the most. We're supposed to be taking care of her, and that may require strictness." She reminds. I nod. Katie's talking it up with the guys, especially the bartender who can tell she's had enough. He continues to tend to her needs though.

She dances with some guys. We turn around back to our drinks, but when we look back, she's making out with another guy.

"Lets go." Joanna lightly grabs my arm. We get to Katie, grabbing her.

"Whaaat? Party isn't over." She frowns. We wave the guy off, and help her walk.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" I softly ask, as we get into the uber.

"Check twitter. Luke and Arzaylea are back."