61

Katie's pov

"I'm not going to force you to do this, Katie." Luke sighed. This kid may have broke my heart multiple times, but he's trying. I can at least recognize that. So I nodded, and took a deep breath.

"I can do this." I said. We left the bathroom.

"You okay?" Michael asked. I shrugged. It's situations like these where having my dad with me would make it easier. I never imagined myself being on stage, but now that I'm about to be, I wish he was here.

Once it was my cue, I walked on stage. There was a combination of cheers and boos but I tried not to focus on it. I walked up to the microphone stand first.

"Hey everyone. I'm Katie, as some of you may know. I'll be covering Mercy by Shawn Mendes." I said, smiling. I then walked over to the piano and started.

-

Luke's pov

"Why are you always so close to her when she's around?" I asked Michael. We were watching Katie from backstage. She's performing Mercy right now.

"Because you're not." He said, shrugging.

"You have your own girlfriend." I said.

"Luke, I know something's up. She won't tell me but something happened. And I know you do stupid shit when you're stressed." Michael said.

"Whatever I did doesn't justify you being closer to my girl than your own." I said.

"Luke, my girlfriend asked me to figure out what's up. And besides, this whole her being our opening act was my idea. Sorry for helping her out." He sighed. I left it at that. I'm not looking to start anymore fights.

This was the part where she goes to the microphone stand.

"Consuming all the air inside my lungs, ripping all the skin from off my bones, I'm prepared to sacrifice my life I would gladly do it twice! Oh, please have mercy on me!" She said passionately. Is there anything this girl isn't good at?

Eventually she was on her last song.

-
Katie's pov

"So the last song I'll be singing is Into You by Ariana Grande." I smiled. I took the microphone off the stand.

"I'm so into you, I can barley breathe." I sang. Some of the fans were into it and some weren't. I saw people holding up signs saying 'stick to hockey' or 'he deserves better'. I brushed it off the best I could. I did my best to run around the stage, while in heels. Eventually it was over.

I walked off stage, Emily immediately hugging me.

"I'm so proud of you!" She screamed, hugging me tighter. I laughed.

"Thank you, Em. But I need to hit the rink." I told her.

"You're not watching us?" Ashton frowned.

"I need to hit the rink." I said.

"You can go after. I'll even goalie for you." He smiled. I sighed, but nodded.

"Sure, I'll stay."

*

They are on their last song now, She Looks So Perfect.

"We should prank them." Jessa smirked. I looked over to her.

"What would we do?" I asked, locking my phone. I never got back to Taylor. I will eventually.

"Well, we have whipped cream and paper plates back here.." Emily smirked too.

"Okay, but we need Nia for Calum." Jessa said. We got her, covered the plates, and waited until they were finished the song.

"Okay let's go." I smiled. I was still in my stage outfit. I figured I'd change after.

"Wait! We should get microphones to say something before we go out!" Jessa said. So we got microphones.

"Boo!" Emily said, laughing after.

"Yo gabba gabba here we come." Jessa laughed.

"Spoogly doogly!" Nia said, also laughing.

"Say something, Katie!" Emily smiled. I didn't know what to say. So I just shrugged.

"Hi." I said. We put the microphones down and ran out. Well I walked since I'm still in heels. But I made it in time to get Luke.

That's when everyone started booing.