8

Katie's pov

"Jessa, I don't want to talk to her." I sighed. Jessa was trying to get me to talk to Emily, the last person I wanted to talk to.

"Come on, Kate, we are the three musketeers!" She laughed through the phone, I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"She hooks up with my teammate who hates me, how would you feel?" I asked, tapping my pencil on the notebook in front of me.

"I'd get over it, especially since she has connections.." She sighed.

"What do you even mean by connections? I'm not trying to hook up with anyone." I laughed, eating the croutons out of my salad.

"I meaaannn," she said dragging out mean, "she could get your not so wonderful teammates to like you!" I could practically hear the smile on her face.

"I could care less, how could I forgive them assholes?" I rolled my eyes.

"You were literally gushing over Luke yesterday!!" She laughed, causing my face to go red.

"Bye." I said, hanging up. I wasn't mad, and she knew that, but I also don't handle awkward situations well.

"Katie! Emily is here!" My dad called from downstairs. I let out a groan, jumping off my bed, walking downstairs. My dad had left the room, giving us privacy.

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance at the sight of her wearing a Clifford jersey and shorts.

"Michael hurt me." She broke down, crying, right in front of me.

"Why are you wearing his jersey then?" I asked, as she sobbed. I felt bad, but I couldn't let her know that, not yet.

"It was what I was wearing when I went to his house, I walked in and-" She couldn't finish before sobbing again, that's when I kneeled down next to her, hugging her tightly.

"Babe, I'll deal with him tomorrow." I rubbed her back, as she let out a soft laugh, sniffing and rubbing her eyes, she pulled away.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Hockey."

*

"Just stay here." I smiled at Emily and Jessa. They sat in the penalty box, at Jessa's request.

"How long? Two minutes?" Jessa laughed loudly at her own joke. I rolled my eyes, letting a grin form on my face anyway. Today, Michael, Calum, Luke, and Ashton were here. And me, obviously.

"Hey!" Ash smiled. I smiled back, giving him a wave.

"I have a great slap shot, you better watch out." I smiled a toothy grin, weaving the puck between my feet with my stick.

"I can handle it." He laughed. I did breakaways and other stunts, but soon enough, I got very annoyed.

"Because she's Katie's best friend!" Michael laughed. He's been talking about why he played Emily. I was happy the girls chose the penalty box because they wouldn't be able to hear from out here.

"Clifford! Your shot is weak!" I yelled over to him through gritted teeth.

"Like I'd take advice from you?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes. I smiled, because as soon as he looked away, I took the chance to check him into the boards, causing him to groan.

"What the hell!?" He yelled, slowly getting to his feet.

"Problem?"

"Yea!" He spat.

"Don't mess with my friends, and you won't have one." I spat, looking at him in disgust, before skating away.

"Hey Katie!" I swiftly turned around.

"What?" I asked Michael, clearly annoyed.

"Drop the gloves." He said, dropping his. I rolled my eyes because we weren't in a game or even a scrimmage, but dropped them anyway.

"Gladly." He took the chance to come at me punching me in the stomach, making me feel very sick. I haven't eaten anything other than salad for the past week, so my stomach was weak. I didn't give up though, I took a good hit at his jaw, causing him to stumble back.

"Katie! Michael! Stop!" Jessa skated over. Before she could do anything, Michael hit me fight in the lip, luckily busting it instead of my teeth. It bled, but I didn't care, this boy annoyed me.

I threw a punch but missed, he took the chance to tackle me to the ground, punching me in the stomach, I groaned this time, allowing him to smirk. I think the other boys could sense something was wrong with me, because they took the chance to drag him away.

"Oh my god! What's wrong?" Emily asked, kneeling next to my frail body.

"I'm fine." I groaned, feeling very dizzy.

"Okay, I may come off as an ass, but I know something isn't right. What's hurting?" Calum surprisingly asked. He held out a hand, and I gladly took it, eventually getting to my feet. I held onto his grasp, and he was being really nice, allowing me to.

"Why are you helping her?" Michael asked.

"Like it or not, she's our teammate, we need to have her back." He calmly said. My grasp was getting tighter on him, and he noticed. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Katie, what's wrong?" Luke frantically asked.

I didn't respond, because I didn't know.

a/n:  oooh cliffhanger!! if this chapter gets 5 votes, i'll update it again! even if I don't, Ill probably still update lmao