Chapter 11: No More Secrets

Saturday, August 30

After the moment in the hallway with Aiden yesterday I decided that it was time I tell Sophie and Ally everything since I’ve been hiding it from them long enough. I just hoped that they wouldn’t judge me or question everything else I’ve told them. I texted Sophie around noon and asked her to come over for lunch and to bring Ally with her. 

It didn’t take them long to come which made me realize that I don’t have much time till they ask why they’re over and I’m going to have to spill everything. I didn’t really think through what I was going to say since I’ve already decided to tell it how it happened. I didn’t want to change things from the truth I was just going to have to hope that they wouldn’t say anything bad or even think wrongly of me. 

We ate the lunch I had prepared before they came and we had light conversation while eating just about school and thing in general. But then when we were in my room and Ally asked what we were going to do I knew it was time for me to come clean. 

“Listen, I asked you guys to come over for a reason and I just hope that after I tell you what I need to tell you without interrupting me you won’t be mad” I told them and took a deep breath. 

Sophie looked at Ally which caused Ally to shrug. 

“Ok we’ll listen but I’m not making any promises about how I’m going to react” Sophie informed me. 

“Fair enough but I need to tell someone this and you two are the only girls that I’ve really talked to since I got here and I feel bad that I haven’t told you sooner” and with that I started telling them about Aiden and everything that has happened. From the first time I met him at the park bench and Noah’s warning to the kiss after our walk in the park. Then I talked about the first day of school when they warned me about him but I still let him kiss me in the janitor’s closet and again at the park bench. I went to the time I met him at the park bench to tell him about Jack’s death and how he cleared up all the lies people say about him. I even told them about the bet we shook on which led to me telling them about David kissing me and Aiden seeing it.

 “He wouldn’t even give me the chance to tell him what happened with David before he called me a slut. He said that I would go around kissing any other guy just to get a kiss. He even kissed Chelsea right in front of me. I didn’t know it could hurt so much watching him kiss someone else. Telling you guys all this has made me realize how naïve I’ve been even when I thought I knew what I was doing. All of this just makes me embarrassed” 

I take a deep breath, “so that’s all I had to tell you guys and I know I’m like the worst person ever for not telling you sooner and I understand if you want to get up and leave and never talk to me again” I finally finishing talking for what feels like eternity. I haven’t looked at either Ally or Sophie the whole time because I couldn’t have seen their facial reactions. They have been quiet the whole time except for the occasional gasp from both of them. 

It took what felt like ten minutes to me but was in reality only a minute for them to start talking and asking questions which made me feel sort of relived that they were still talking to me. 

Sophie was the first to say anything, “Well we all knew that David liked you because he told us and he told me that he kissed you but you said you just wanted to be friends. Now I guess we know why.”

“You like him don’t you?” Ally asked but the way she said it made it sound more like a statement than a question, “I know you like him because of the way you were telling us about everything. In the beginning you had this happy look in your eyes but when you got to what happened yesterday your expression changed completely and you couldn’t keep your hands still” wow I didn’t even realize I did all those things. 

 “Yeah I noticed everything too” Sophie said and then quickly added, “hey maybe if we can tell the way Abby feels by what she does maybe we can figure out what Aiden was up to by what she saw” hmm well if they were so good at figuring me out then it wouldn’t hurt to tell them what I remembered. 

“Ok let me think” I took a little time to think about all the times I was with Aiden and what I saw when I looked at him, “well there were multiple times when I caught him staring at me usually after we kissed or after a long conversation sometimes even in class too. And there was this look in his eyes after we would finish kissing that I didn’t really know what it meant but it made me all happy and mushy on the inside. Weird right?” I looked up at them and realized that I had been smiling the whole time. I waited for what they had to say but they didn’t really say anything much to my disappointment. 

Ally looked over at Sophie and then back at me, “Well we should go now. I’ll text you later so we could meet up tomorrow.”

“Ok sounds good” I guess they didn’t have anything to say about what I told them but I was just happy that they were still talking to me. 

“Bye, see you tomorrow” Sophie said as she left the room.

“Bye” I yelled back at her. I looked over at Ally and instead of walking toward the door she started walking towards me.

“Don’t worry Abby we’ll get Aiden back for this that’s what friends are for” then she walked to the door but stopped and looked back at me, “I know the look you were talking about Abby the one that make you feel all happy inside. That’s the same look Noah gives me.”

****** Author's Note

Surprise! Happy New Year! I decided to add this chapter in since i was bored one day with nothing to do so i wrote one chapter just to show you guys that i am not giving up on the story. It's just winter break and i have more time on my hands even though there is stuff that i should be doing and am slacking on. So i put this chapter before that so hopefully you enjoyed it and dont totally hate me for putting the story on hold. I dont think i'll be updating any time soon though since school starts in four days. But if you're lucky maybe over spring break but no promises.