Chapter 7: It's a Date... No It's Not

Thursday, August 21

I still haven’t heard from Jess. I’m worried about her and I know I should give her some time but why couldn’t she just write me and we could talk. I want to help her through this but she’s not letting me. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for her to let me through because there is not much else I can do. 

Nothing really happened at school today. In first period Aiden smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back. It’s like he has this special smile just for me but I can only wish he probably used it before on many other girls. He didn’t try talking to me since I was walking with Sophie and Ally which I was thankful for. I’ve gotten to know David a little better by talking to him at lunch. He’s really sarcastic and likes to be the center of attention since he’s the one doing all the talking most of the time which I don’t really mind. He invited me to one of his soccer games next week on Tuesday that I might actually take him up on since Ally and Sophie are also going. Just when I thought I could finally go home Aiden has to walk with me out of class.

“What do you want Aiden?” I asked trying to sound annoyed but I think he heard the smile in my voice.

“I want to get an answer about our kiss. But I don’t have a problem kissing you again till you realize what we have.” he answered will a smirk on his face while leaning against the locker next to mine.

“And what is it that we have?” I asked innocently. His face dropped but quickly turned into a grin.

“You just want me to kiss you again don’t you?”

“Not really that’s not really on the top of my to do list today plus I need to get home on time and I can’t do that without catching the bus.” I told him in an accusing tone.

“I can drive you.”

“Not this time my dad’s home and I don’t want him asking questions.”

“Can we at least meet up somewhere?”  He asked right when I turned around about to leave.

“Fine where?”I asked turning around to face him.

He had this ridiculous grin on his face and said, “The park bench.” 

“Ok fine Saturday?” I said not being able to the hold in the smile. 

“Saturday it’s a date.” He smiled.

“It’s not a date.” I yelled as I turned around and left.

Friday, August 22

I had a pretty good day at school today. And as I thought about seeing Aiden tomorrow at “our place”, I guess I could call it, was making me somewhat anxious. He didn’t talk to me today but we exchanged a few smiles and seeing his smile always made my day a little brighter. Sometimes I would catch him looking at me which also means I was looking at him but not till lunch or Calculus since Ally and Sophie are in our English I didn’t want them to get suspicious. After Spanish I decided to stop at my locker and I saw Chelsea at her locker which was just down the row from mine. I guess it could have been worse she could’ve been my locker neighbor then I would’ve been screwed. 

My dad and I always make dinner together on Fridays no matter what. Yeah we’ve made dinner together during the week before but that usually changes once I get more work in my classes or my dad has to stay at work later. That’s when we decided to make Friday daddy daughter time. Since my dad hasn’t asked much about how school has been these first few days that’s what we talked about most of the time and I asked him about how work was over here and what has changed for him.

“So how is school going Tink?” He asked.

My dad’s been calling me Tink since I was little. That’s one of the many things my mom hated. She would always yell at him and tell him that’s not my name. The thought of my mother just makes me sick I don’t even think I should be calling her my mother since she’s never been one for me. But I like it when he calls me Tink. Our last name is Bell so that’s where my dad got the idea from. I’m like his Tinker Bell always there to help.

“It’s been good so far. The few friends I’ve met have showed me around and introduced me to a few more people.”

“How are the classes there? Are they challenging enough for you?”

“Well I’ve only been in school for three days dad. But I am going to get a good amount of homework for each class. Plus we’re getting a project for English soon. I’ll have to say my hardest class is probably going to be Calculus but I’m good at math so it shouldn’t be too bad.”

“That used to me my best class next to biology of course and I’m here to help so don’t be afraid to ask.”

“Yes dad I know but I think I can handle it.”

“So what can you tell me about this project?”

“It’s some kind of partner project where we’re going to be assigned a topic. I just don’t know who I’m going to be working with since Sophie and Ally are in my class and they’ve known each other longer so they’ll probably be working together.”

“Don’t worry sweet heart you’ll find someone to work with. You’re really smart who wouldn’t want you as a partner.”

Then I remembered that Aiden was also in my class. What if we get paired together? I don’t think I could stand being partners with him plus I’m meeting him again tomorrow. What if something happens? And I'm not saying something good either what if it doesn't turn out the way I want it to?

************

a/n sorry it's so short but I decided it would be better to have the next part it's own chapter