Chapter 10: Soccer and the Slut

Tuesday, August 26

I went to the boys’ soccer game after school today with Ally and Sophie and it was pretty eventful to tell you that much. I found out that Noah is also on the team which I don’t remember anyone telling me about and guess who else nobody told me about. If you guessed Aiden then you’d be right. I smiled to myself at times when I saw him look over making sure Ally or Sophie didn’t notice. They might have been getting suspicious as to why I kept smiling to myself but they didn’t ask any questions so I was safe. I’m still debating with myself if I should tell them about what has happened so far and about the bet that we made. Today in English while we were finishing up the partner part of the project he was being his usual cocky self and of course he had fun harassing me and trying to get me to crack but I knew what he was playing at and decided to have some of my own fun. I kind of figured it wasn’t going to be easy but Aiden proved me wrong. I guess you learn something new every day.

“So you’re pretty confident that you’re going to win aren’t you?” he whispered against my ear sending shivers down my spine but I didn’t let it show. I kept my features calm.

I let a smile come to me lips, “I don’t have to be confident if I already know that I’m going to win.” 

“Listen here Abigail you don’t know much about who you’re dealing with.” He said as he moved closer to me with the sides of our bodies touching. I caught on to what he was trying to do. Well you want to play then two can play this game I thought.

I turned my head to face him as he did the same there was about four inches between us so hopefully this happened like I was planning it to. “You don’t know much about me either.” I slowly whispered. And just liked I hoped he started getting closer forgetting the fact that we were still in the English classroom but luckily everyone was too busy working or gossiping to notice us.

“You know the first one to kiss the other losses.” He says almost an inch away from my lips which I used to smile a little.

“Oh I know but it looks like you don’t.” I reassured him and let out the smile I was holding back when I saw his face turn to shock as he looked at his position and noticed that he was the one leaning in to kiss me not the other way around. He stared at me in disbelief.

“Umm…” Really Aiden I didn’t even do much and he was acting like this. What is wrong with him? 

“Yeah I have that affect on people.” But he didn’t say anything back so I added, “I would’ve let you kiss me but then I realized how much fun I was having and decided that it didn’t last long enough to actually call it a victory.” The bell rang right when I finished talking so I packed up my stuff and turned around but Aiden yelled at me from behind.

“Don’t think you’ll get me so easily next time Bell.”

I turned back around and looked at him, “Don’t worry Campbell you won’t even see it coming.” And with that I left and walked off to my next class.

One thing I knew for sure was there was no way I was letting Aiden Campbell win this game. He doesn’t even know me well enough to know what I’m capable of. He has no idea what he agreed to when we started this whole thing. There’s no way I was going to be the one to kiss him first I don’t want to boost his ego higher than it is all already no matter how much I wanted to kiss him. Did I really just say that? Do I want to kiss him? 

Well getting back to what happened today at the soccer game which to tell you the truth soccer isn’t really my favorite sport but I lived through it so it wasn’t that bad. Our team won the game five to one so it was an honorable victory. We went down to congratulate our friends. It turns out that Sophie has a crush on the captain, Conner, who also happens be really smart and not just athletic. When I watched the two of them talk I had to admit that they would make a cute couple plus they were both really smart and something told me that he might just like her as well. David came over to talk to me and we walked down the side of the field away from everyone.