Chapter 5: A Walk through the Park

Tuesday, August 19

I'm really not looking forward to school tomorrow. I've been feeling a lot better about everything but I still haven't gotten a message back from Jess and who can blame her. Jack and Jess had something special but now that he's gone I bet she feels like a part of her is gone too. My walk through the park really helped me think things through. Now the thing or person I should say, on my mind was Aiden. I could tell he's most likely a player why else would he have wanted to kiss me? It just bothers me how much I almost let him. Yeah I guess I've had a lot going on this week but would I really go that far? I've only kissed one guy before his name was Matthew. We went on a few dates before we actually kissed. The kiss was perfect. Then a week later he told me he'll miss me because he's moving. I didn't even say goodbye because I didn't think I could handle it. That was freshmen year so I was already used to saying goodbye whenever I had to move but that time it was different because I wasn't the one moving and I still ended up having to miss someone. I haven't seen him since then and hopefully it stays that way. It took me a while to get over the fact that he's gone but I did so hopefully he doesn't pull a Noah on me.

I haven't talked to Ally since the sleepover. She called me to see if I wanted to hang out but I told my dad to answer it. He told her that I wasn't feeling too well. Sophie heard and came to visit me but I wasn't in the mood to talk to so my dad gave me the box of chocolates she had gotten for me with the Get Well card. I knew I couldn't just stay inside all day and the walk in the park really cleared my head yesterday so I decided to go again today. I think it was more because I wanted to see if Aiden would be there than actually going for a walk since I was perfectly fine in the comfort of my bed. But something was still telling me I should go and before I knew it there I was walking down the trail toward the bench where I met Aiden yesterday. Even though I was hoping Aiden would be there I was still surprised to see him.

"Were you waiting for me all day?" I asked sarcastically as Aiden turned quickly startled at the sound of my voice.

"Would it bad if I said yes?" He asked innocently with his gorgeous smile.

"I find that hard to believe." I was taken a back with his answer.

"You don't have to. Why did you come here?"

"I just needed a quiet place. A place where I can just empty my mind without any distractions." I explained as I took a seat next to him but not too close.

"Yeah I get it I come here often too. Do you mind if I ask what you need to take your mind off from?" he asked and looked me in the eyes.

"I don't really think I'm ready to talk about it just yet." I replied and turned my head away from his gaze. How was I supposed to avoid him if I couldn't resist those amazing eyes?

"Do you mind if we take a walk? I'm not really comfortable on this bench right now after sitting on it all day."

"So you really were waiting for me all day?" I asked in disbelief.

"No. I just like to come here and watch the geese." he answered quickly.

"Smooth Aiden real smooth but I'm really flattered that you waited for me." I smiled. I couldn't help it plus he sounded cute when he was embarrassed.

"Do you want to take a walk or not? We can talk about anything you want."

"Sure. But just talking." I enforced.

"Yeah yeah don't worry." He smiled at me as we got up and walked toward the trail together.

We went a different way than I had gone yesterday and it was really long. I lost track of time through my conversations with Aiden. We talked about a lot of things. Mostly our travels, well my travels, across America and all the places I've been. Let's look at a map and mark the places shall we. I started out in Seattle, Washington where I was born then at age five my dad moved us, excluding my mother, to California for two years. The day after my dad and I spent my seventh birthday at Disneyland he packed our bags and we headed for Utah which we only stayed in for a year and were back on the road in no time to Colorado. We lasted a year longer in Colorado but soon enough we were off to Minnesota where I started Junior High school and met Noah. At least I was as confused as all the other sixth graders since it was a new school to them too and I got to finish in the same school as them till my dad moved us yet again to the state next door or the cheese state as they call it, Wisconsin. Then yet again just two years into high school my dad drops the moving bomb on me.

"So that's how ended up here in North Carolina." I finished. Aiden and I stopped walking to take a breath. We've been walking for at least a couple hours since the sun was already going down. I probably talked more than an hour but he had been a really good listener and did not interrupt me while I was talking.

"Your life is much more interesting than mine I've lived here all my life and there is nothing special about this place." He finally said after I was done.

"You're probably really wrong about that. At least you have a place you can call home and people you've known your whole life." I said matter-of-factly.

"Well there is no one I've known my whole life that is as interesting as you."

I didn't say anything back. We just stood there looking at each other and time didn't matter anymore. I didn't even know what was going on till he lifted his hand up to my face and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear but I didn't move his hand away. He got closer to me till our noses touched and I could feel the warmth of his breath on my face. I knew what was coming but I don't think I wanted to stop it. My breath was caught in my throat and I couldn't move. His lips slowly made contact with mine, they were soft and sweet, but I was still in shock that I couldn't react. He roughened the kiss but was still gentle and put his hands around my waist. I finally gave in as I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me tighter and brought me closer to him. All the thoughts I've been having just want away and I enjoyed the kiss. It was the perfect moment yet something didn't feel right. I slowly released from the kiss.

"What's the matter?" Aiden asked looking confused but with a sly grin.

"I have to go." I said quickly.

"See you around." He smiled.

"Don't count on it." But I couldn't help but smile back. I don't think I stopped smiling till I somehow finally fell asleep late at night in my bed.

********* 

Author's Note 

I'll be updating again Thursday probably so be patient. Please comment so I can have some feedback on what you all think. Thank you for reading my story and I hope you like it so far. There's much more to come. Share with people you know!