Chapter 6: First Day of School

Wedneaday, August 20

Today was the first day of school which I really wasn’t looking forward to but I had to go anyway. I called Sophie and asked her if she could give me a ride to school and before I knew it her and Ally were waiting on my driveway inside Sophie’s car. We got to school forty-five minutes early so that they could show me around to my classes. After we finally sat down Ally and Sophie started to bombard me with questions since they hadn’t talked to me since the sleepover. I didn’t have any excuses and I would have to talk about it sooner or later so I decided to tell them the truth. I told them about my best friend Jess back home and how she had a boyfriend named Jack. Finally I just let it out that he committed suicide and there is no way I can be there for Jess during this depressing time. I didn’t tell them the complete details on Jack since they really didn’t need to know that just as long as they knew what was bothering me I was in the clear from them asking me any more questions.

With all their questions out of the way I decided to ask a few of my own about Aiden since I knew nothing about him and I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Ever since that kiss yesterday in the park it got me wondering but I still couldn’t figure out the feelings I have toward him.

“Do you guys know anything about Aiden?” I asked.

“Aiden Campbell?” Sophie asked.

“I don’t know his last name. Why is there more than one?” I answered not sure.

“No he’s the only one and he’s got bad news written all over him.” Ally answered matter-of-factly.

“Because…” I wanted to hear more of what see knew.

“Because he hooks up with every girl he ever sees and keeps her hopes up till he never speaks to her again. The only girl he’s known to have had a lasting relationship with is Chelsea and she watches him like a hawk.” Ally said.

“Who’s Chelsea?” I needed to know who she was since Noah had warned me about her.

“She’s the queen bitch of this high school that thinks she can do what she wants. She got kicked off the cheer squad but guys still worship the ground she walks on. She has no respect for anyone or herself. She can start a rumor as fast as light can travel.” Sophie said in a disgusted tone. 

“So my advice to is to stay away from her. And I wouldn’t want to pick a fight with her because she’ll find a way to win.” Ally added.

“I see. Thanks for the warning guys.”

“So how do you know Aiden?” Sophie asked.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppp!

Yes I was saved by the bell. We got up and walked together to our first period English class that all of us had together. Right as I walked in I saw Aiden sitting toward the back and he was looking at me. I quickly dogged his look and looked away trying my best not look in his direction. I tried to look around to find three seats for us to sit in but away from Aiden. Why did he have to be in this English class? Out of all the classes in a day they had to put him in my English class with Sophie and Ally who didn’t know anything. It’s not like I wanted to keep it away from them but after what they told me about him I didn’t want them to think I was a slut. We found three seats on the side closer to the door and more towards the front of the classroom but a safe distance away from Aiden.

“You know how you were asking about Aiden earlier? Well that’s him over there and he’s looking right at you.” Sophie informed while pointing to him even though he was obviously looking right at us.

“Yeah?” I asked sounding surprised and snuck a look at him. He caught my eye and gave me a smile. I turned my head back as I felt my cheeks getting warmer and had to use all my strength to make sure I didn’t blush. Ugh why did he have to do that?