Chapter 20 (unedited)

Start from the beginning

I watch as Mason pushes Nick's hand off of him and storms away. Rose catches my eye and she turns without a word and chases after him. The rogues all stare at me as if I'm the cause of this. "Maybe you should head out now," suggests a rogue. A few others agree and I'm feeling uncomfortable now.

"No," I turn to Eunice who speaks up. "They are best friends, they shouldn't part ways like this."

Nick takes in her words and nods. "Go talk to him afterwards. You guys can stay until your issues are resolved."

I nod and walk away from them all. Eunice races after me. "Annabel."

I walk away faster. She places her hand on me and I turn so quickly she flinches away. "He called me Annabel."

She looks at me confused. "He called me Annabel, he never does that. I always go by Anna, Annie, Ann, or even Annabanana."

She watches me with sympathy in her eyes. "I hate fighting with Mason. You know this is our second fight together? We never fight. The last time we did is because he went behind my back and didn't tell me he was going to fight the Dark Moons pack."

"You guys are pretty close," she observes. I nod heavily.

"I can believe we're together right now fighting," I say. "I have no idea what we're fighting over though."

"Just take a little break," she recommends. I shake my head.

"No," I tell her. "I want to leave."

"Hey now you don't mean that," she says placing a hand on my arm. I pull away and begin walking to the site of the car.

"Yes I do," I finish. I hear her inhale and exhale calmly.

"I can't believe he wants me to forgive her, I mean," I turn to Eunice who continues to follow me silently. "She tried to kill me for goodness sake. What do you think?"

She puts her hands up in surrender motion. "I don't know anything about what happened between you two," I give her a 'yeah right' look and she sheepishly grins. "I might have taken a little peek into everyone's heads around here."

I chuckle and ask her for her opinion. "I'm not saying who's in the wrong here-"

"Please," I beg. She looks down at her feet and sighs coming to a stop.

"You two are both in the wrong here," she says. I sort of had that feeling but I did not want to admit it. "Your Mate attacked another pack-"

"To protect us-" Eunice places her hand up to stop me from talking.

"Regardless of the reason, he still killed majority of your pack. To some people's eyes, that doesn't look like he was trying to protect any of you guys. Then he beat up your friend while you breathing individuals were all in rotten cells."

I nod at her.

"Afterwards, things started happening such as your kidnapping, silver in drinks, and a dead human body. No one knew there was a traitor in the pack until the end when Rose pointed a gun at you and Thaddeus. She shot at you but your Mate took the bullets nearly ending his life. If I'm correct, she did this because her parents were being held by the other Alpha against their will." I nod at the accuracy she was depicting at the moment.

"So your Mate killed your ex pack and nearly killed your best friend whereas your best friends Mate nearly killed you and your Mate." Her hypnotic dark brown eyes catch me in a trance. "These two problems are similar to each other, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out."

"Well this is why I love you," I tell her with a grin.

"Not because I'm gorgeous, sexy, with an amazing body, and eyes that keep you guessing what I'm thinking?"