Chapter Evelen

AlenaPov
I woke up from a bad dream.
Dream

I was standing in a middle of a meadow like the one in California. Looking at a little girl and a women there i was standing in front of them. But they couldn't see me or hear me its as if i was a ghost. Watching they made me so calm and the lady finally looked at me. Well not at me but to the little girl behind me. It was my mom she was just liked i remember so beautiful. 'Alena time to go we have to go home and make dinner for dad'. Okay mama. With that her mom got into the car. But her mom got herself in the car and not alena. Momma!! Wait for me please don't leave. But her cries fell on deaths door. Because my mom already left without me to go to my dad. I walked up to the girl but she couldn't see me so i couldn't comfort her well me. Momma why did you leave me i thought you love me. Momma!!!

With that i woke from a start panting for air. I blinked my tears away. Getting up from the bed i look at james and see he's still asleep. Which no surprise there and then get up and look at the clock. It was four in the morning i get out of bed knowing i wont be able to go back to bed. After that, so i grab james shirt and my under clothes and black leggings. Going into the restroom i go and take a shower for fifteen minutes. Coming out i put on my socks and go down stairs. I went to the kitchen and pulled out everything i needed. To make cookies like my mom use to make for me. Making enough batter i put it on the cookie sheet and in the oven. Sitting down on one of the stools i lay my head on the counter for a little. But sit up once i hear the timer go from the oven. Getting an oven mit i pull the tray out. And set it down so it can cool off. After waiting ten minutes i put all the cookies on a plate. Then go and grab some milk to go with. Taking the bite into the cookie was so mouth watering. Just like mom use to make, double chocolate chip cookies. Proudly to say after fifteen minutes i ate half of the dozen i made. Hearing the kitchen door open i look to see james dad. Walk in with a curious face on. 'Hmmm i was wondering what smelled so good'. Yeah its me sorry if i woke you up but i felt like i needed this. Don't worry about it alena. He went to the cup bored and grabbed a cup. Then poured himself a glass of milk. Grabbing a cookie from the plate he sat down right next to me. 'Okay now would you like to tell me what's been bothering you that would make. You wake up at four in the morning to make cookies'. Ummm... I don't know if i should. 'Oh come on alena i would like to think, my wife fell in love with my great listening skills'. Okay well last evening i got a call from the hospital telling me my dad was in a wreck. James was in the room when i got the call so he heard everything. I thought he was going to go with me but he refused so i went by myself. I don't think it would have been that bad, if james would've just came with me. But he didn't it felt like i was falling but no one was their to catch me. 'I'm sorry alena but james is james. He always been very complicated on the outside people see him simple. But you have seen him in a way where that doesn't​ even begin to describe​ him. He loves you i think part of me, think its more then i loved my wife. And that's saying a lot because i loved my wife more then anything. He might not do the right thing sometimes but he has. Good intentions for you, to see you like that. Getting hurt and not being able to stop it hurt him. Yes he beat up your dad that one day but he wasn't there to stop him before. Give him a second chance we all deserved one'. Thank you jason for everything you've done for me. He got up and gave me a hug and i wrapped my arms around him. 'Hey its okay don't cry. How about we go see james i think you need him'. Nodding my head he picks me up like a father carrying a child. Leaving the kitchen and go up the stairs to james and i room. 'James wake up i think someone needs you, right now'. "Huh what's happening alena where is she"? 'Calm down son shes right here do you mind getting her'. He got up from our bed and came over to us. Picking me from he's dads arms and into his. 'Take good care of her and try to be understanding. Shes going to need you now more then ever'." I will shes my world now there's no me without her". With that said jason left out the door. "I'm sorry alena your my world knowing what he did to you in the past. How he hurt and i wasn't their. I end up hurting you more i never meant for that to happen". Looking up at him i see tears welled up in his eyes. Blinking i see one of them fall down to his check. Placing my hand on his check. And whipping it away. Please james don't cry i see your in pain and, it pains me ten times more. To see you like this i forgive you. His face brighten at my word. Your still in trouble with me so be care ful your on thin ice. "Thank you alena you wont regret this. Now do you want to go back to sleep"? Yeah we should go back to sleep but, the kitchen was a mess before jason took me up here. "Its okay you lay down ill go clean it up". Okay then. With that i lay down while james. Gets up and goes out the door.