Chapter Eight

JamesPov
I cant believe alena wants to go to California well that's what i do on my birthday. I walked out of the room to call my dad hopefully he wont be busy.
James dad: hello
James: hey dad
James dad: hey james aren't you supposed to be at school right now.
James: well yeah you see we where at school and me and alena were walking back to our table. When madison bumped into us on purpose and got me and alena dirty with cake. So we came home for the rest of the day once me and Alena changed. I asked her what she wanted to do today. An it turned every year since her moms death she went and visit the grave. So she wants to go today.
James dad: So you want to know if its okay if you two go to California. Uh... you don't make being a parent very easy do you james? Yes james you guys can go stay they until thursday morning. So you guys can be back by that night. Then you guys can sleep in till friday morning that afternoon i need to tell you and Alena something important. So ill take all friday off i call the school and tell them you two wont be at school all this week. But i want you to make sure you two are passing. You two need to graduate this year or so help me i will kill you.
James: thank dad your the best and don't worry about us alena is smart. And so am i we will graduate this oh and did you put insurance on the dodge charger. An i need you to put more money on the card.
James dad: yes i did put insurance on it i just got it for your birthday. And sure i put more money on your card for essential and emergency. So ill just put two hundred twenty-five grand in there.
James: thank dad for the birthday gift and forever thing well i talk to you later we have a while drive ahead of us.
James dad: sure james anything for you are my son and be careful that car might have full coverage but doesn't mean i want you to use it. Make sure to check in with me but not while driving talk to you later bye james
Janes: Good one dad thanks I'm always care especially since Alenas going to be with me bye
I headed back inside the room to tell Alena the plan. But leave out my dad needing to tell us something important, she has enough to deal with. I guess she was really happy they we get to stay there longer. I packed the rest of my clothes i was going to bring a jacket but eh i can take it. We got outside and to the car her face was priceless. It was true what i told her she is priceless. Once she sang in the car i saw her put on my jacket. She looks so adorable in it i like how she grabbed my hand to hold while she drifted off to sleep.
(Five hours later)
Alena wake up were getting close we have an hour and half drive. I stopped at a gas station so we can buy snacks. She finally woke up after a couple minutes she did a yawn. It look like a little kitten it was adorable." Where are we"? We are a hour and half drive from California. "Why did we stop"? We need to get gas can you go put thirty on my gas tank and you can get whatever you want. "Yeah sure ill be right back".
(Sorry guy for the short time on james pov. I just think its better if its Alena pov.)
Alena Pov
I was woke up from my peaceful sleep when james started waking me up. I didn't want to get out the car but i knew james had it worse. Since he's been driving all this time. So i grabbed his card an went inside. I picked out some candy and a soda to wake me up. I got james some to i went to the counter it was an old man. There he was shamelessly checking me out. Can you hurry up and finish checking my items out so i can hurry up and leave. "Uh right sorry here you go". Oh put thirty on pump eight. I swipe the card total came up with. The gas to forty-five i hurry to swipe the card and left. I got back into the car while james was just fueling up. Once he got in i handed him his card and receipt. "Thank you". Sure anytime but next time can we not stop by this gas station. "Why"? That ugly, smell old man was checking me out and took forever to ring me up. "Yeah sure next time we stop ill get off with you. But we probably wont stop until we get there". Okay then i bought you some snacks. I gave him the dr.peper and the gummy worms. We continue driving and an hour a half we got here. It was seven o'clock by the time we made it. James ended up having us go check us into a hotel. So once we pulled up to the valet looked at us weird but non the less. Took the car and the bellhop took our bags from the back seat. James gave him a tip while i gave him a smile great ful smile. James and i headed to the front desk. Yes hello can we get a room for three nights. I told lady at the front desk with caked makeup on. And shameless checking out james. "I'm sorry miss but i don't think someone of your standards. Can even afford a shampoo bottle here". James wraps his arm around my waist care ful not to hurt me. "I don't like how your talking my girlfriend I'm james Anderson. Son of Jason Anderson the one who owns this hotel. An signs your pay check every two weeks. So now would you be more then happy, to show us to our suit on the top floor". Her mouth was hanging open and she studier a bit while saying yes sir and right away sir. It was hilarious to see she did things on her computer then gave us two key cards. Here you go sir your room is on the top floor and its number 250. When she gave him the card her hand was shaking. He was about to walk away with me but not before i pulled him closer and gave him a kiss on the check. Right in front of the girl i went down from my tippy toes. And looked at the girl before smirking and walking away with james by my side. Once me and james got to the elevator and the doors closed. We both burst out laughing. Wow james does your dad really does own this hotel? "Yeah my mom she always like to travel. So when they would always stay in a hotel. Instead of waisting money on someone else hotel. Why not on his hotel so he made a hotel on the side". I would of added on more but the elevator dinged. Ending any responds i may have. We walked to our room in a comfortable silence. Once at the door, james put the key card in to unlock the door. When the door opened i was in a state of shock it was beautiful.