Chapter Two

Alena Pov
I woke up to my alarm clock going off i sat up fast which was the biggest mistake. Because all the memories and the pain came back all at once. I saw that it was seven thirty school doesn't start until. Eight-fifteen I wanted to stay in bed longer but if I
did. Then I would be stuck with him for the rest of the day. So I got up and unwrapped my raps that are on my stomach. And hopped into the shower I quicky shower and washed my hair with. My green apple and cucumber shampoo and conditioner. When I got out I saw more of my injuries bruised ribs and bruises. On my left and right  checks and a busted lip lucky I can cover. My stomach and bruised face but I'll have to live with my busted lip. For a couple of days I re wrapped my stomach then put on another. Thick layer of foundation on. I pulled out my black skinny jeans with my dark blue top. And got my Nike black and blue shoes. Grabbing my bag from my floor and a a pull over from my closet.  I left from my room and to the kitchen to see if there was anything to eat. But like I predicted there's no food anywhere. So I just left to my car but before making sure I grabbed my keys. Thanking god that he had gone to work already. Going to my car and driving up to the school. I parked in the same spot as yesterday and walked to the cafeteria. I saw hope sitting with everyone else from yesterday. At the same table in the cafeteria so I went up to them. And said good morning to everyone. They all mumbled back a morning except for hope. She said really loudly good morning she's such a morning person. I sat down in the seat next to her thank goodness the king and the kingsmen. We're already sitting in there thrones. In the middle of the cafeteria with that girl of slut Madison and her. Slut friends you don't have to be here since freshmen year. To know that there sluts and they stay in a pack. Like wolves and Madison as alfa female picking on the week and innocent. I hate people like that she's so insecure with herself. That she's putting everyone else around her down. I must have been staring at their table for a long time. Because hope snapping in front of my face pulled me out. Of my trans "Alena your staring at them and at her as if you. Want to murder her please don't tell me you have caught feelings for him." I'm fine and no why would I ever catch feelings for a walking STD like him. "Okay then" hey hope do you know this sweet coffee cafe place. Yeah it's a nice little shop why. Oh because before I went home I applied and got a job there and I was just wondering if it's a good place to work. That's great Alena that place is really cool not many people from school go there but a few. Thanks Ring Ring oh it's time to head to class lets go hope bye guys see you at lunch. Hope and I were one of the few people in class already right when the bell rung James walked in to the class. Hope and I were talking about my job and how she has a job right next door at a little shopping boutique. Everyone quite down when mr. Jackson came in okay people we are starting a new book it's called Roses May Have Thorns everyone is all sad that we're starting a new book but I'm happy I've read this book and it's one if my favorites. It's about how these two people fall in love and author keeps comparing them to a rose because in a relationship there can be fights. And some one could get hurt like on a rose it has thorns and could get hurt too. It's an amazing book. Okay now we are doing partners. Hope looks at me say partners I was just about to answer her when. Oh how cute you lot thought you could pair yourself no this book is about a connection between a young boy and girl so I have paired you up myself. Okay Madison your with Kyle,Hope your with Lucas he kept going until he got to my name Alena your with James. Oh no this can not be happening. Okay now going to be giving everyone a chance to go and meet your partners and figure out a way to do this project on your own time. Now this project consists of you both figuring out the plot,charters,theme and so forth and then you both have to work together to create an essay together and present it in front of the class in three weeks. Now go. I got up and looked at hope before I left she gave me a good luck smile turned to her partner I kept looking around until I got to James. Ever girl on my way over there gave me an evil glare especially Madison her's was the worst one of them all. When I finally got to James he just looked and smirked at me " I see you got here in one piece you must be tougher then I thought anyone who would see, all those evil glares would have turned and ask. Mr. Jackson for a different partner but you didn't why not?" Because as bad as those glares were there empty threats at least I hope so. I'm not to sure about that queen B over their but I think I'll take my chances. "Haha hum your different then all the rest anyway you can over to my house after school " I could do that but I have to leave at six ever day. "Why? Because I have work to go too got to survive some how." hmm okay then so ever day after school until six o'clock I'll meet you by your car and then you can follow my bike." That's your bike in the parking lot now that makes sense. "What make sense to you. Oh yeah yesterday I was looking for a parking spot and I was going to park next to it but then I didn't something told me not to so I didn't. "Yep that's my bike people don't park next to me because I don't want them to I'm afraid they hit it and mess it up" oh my goodness wow well I guess it's a good thing I didn't park there something tells me I would be in big trouble if I did. "Haha yeah I guess so why are you wearing so much make up? I tensed at that question now Mr. Anderson your not being very nice for a person who covered for you on being late to class. Oh yeah I guess I could be a little more nicer to you since you got me out of getting dentition but don't forget I did give you some of my lunch so it kinda makes us even. Okay trues were even haha. Okay deal Alena what's your last name Alena. It's Rodriguez Alena Marie Rodriguez. Nice name but mine is so much better James Carter Anderson  it suits you I'll give you that one Anderson. I'll gladly take that one Rodriguez. Haha I bet you will. Anderson, Rodriguez I'm glad you enjoyed my class but the bell rang ten minutes ago you two are currently late to your second period. Oh shoot I guess we lost track of time. Come on let's go I'll walk you to class because I can see you don't remember how to get to your class. I do to know how I waked to the right but he just standing there. I know you have mrs. Wilson for math right now it's this way. Okay you caught me please help me and I gave him a puppy dog pout with teary eyes. Come on let's go little miss faker. Yeah he walked me to the class room door thanks James. Sure no problem and if she gives you any trouble just give her your best smile and promise it won't happen again. Thanks for the tip I gave him a hug and walked into the class everyone was looking at me hello miss Rodriguez glad you could join us. I'm sorry mrs. Wilson I promise not to happen again. I gave her my best smile alright go sit down miss Rodriguez before I change my mind.
James POV
I woke up this morning happy and ready to go to school I ate cereal and left my house on my bike the guys stayed for a little last night but went home all of them tried to talk to me about Alena but I wasn't saying anything mostly. Because there's nothing to say she's nice and hiding something. When I got to the cafeteria Madison was sitting with one of the other guys I don't know something tells me she .mad at me but I don't care. So I just keep talking with the guys until the bell rings I walk into mr. Jackson class and Alena is already sitting there next to her friend named hope I think she was talking about something that made her smile. She looks really beautiful when she smiles but she wearing so much make up I smile once more before I go sit down. "Dude are you smiling?" What no I'm not I put my mask or mad face. Come on dude ever since you came into here you looked at her and then she smiled then that made you smile you like her I can tell. Whatever I don't like her I sit down and then mr.jackson comes in we calm down he tells us were starting a new book Rose may have thorns I've never heard of it but I'm pretty sure my dad probably has it in the library at home. Then he's says we're having partners and Madison she looks at me like saying partners I was going to say sure but then mr.jackson told us he picked partners for us. Lucas got paired with Alena friend hope and then Madison with Kyle and then I hear I'm paired up with Alena. I smile then I looked to my friend Lucas and he's already looking at me says I bet your happy with your partner. I look away so he doesn't see my reaction to his comment which is a little blush. Then mr.jackson says go and find your partners and figure out how to do your project. I sit waiting Alena gets up and she looks at her friend before she sets off to find me I was waiting to see if she would run away and go to mr. Jackson but she didn't she. But I'm surprised she didn't runaway anyway because I can bet everyone of those girls were giving her a death glare walking towards me I give her props most people would have run away especially after getting one. From Madison I hope no one especially her follow through with those glares I swear if they hurt her there will be hell to pay. Wow where did that come from I'm never like that with anyone. Whatever I'm sure it's nothing why does she have to work doesn't her parents get her things she said she needs it to survive hmm interesting. We kept talking and she kept making me laugh so hard not even most of my friends can do that. I didn't notice we were the only people there until mr. Jackson told us that we're ten minutes late for our second class period it was so funny she really tried to get to second period without me. It was the cutest thing I ever see when she came back and asked for help she gave me the puppy dog pout. Usually it doesn't work on me at all but with her I just couldn't resist her so I walked her to class I was going to leave already but she stopped me and gave me a hug. When she entered my arms it felt so right to have her there and she smelled so good apple and cucumber smelt like heaven but all to quick it was over. Hopefully she won't get into trouble she most likely won't if she used the tip I gave her. I left and went to astronomy with mr. Tate I walked in and sat down with a smile some people saw and was wondering why I was smiling instead of smirking like I usually do. Mr. Anderson would you care to explain why your late to my class or take the dentition for today after school for an hour. I'm sorry mr. Tate I'm late to your class I forgot my book in my locker and went to go get that's why I'm late. Very well mr. Anderson next time remember your materials. Thank you sir. "Well that was a whole bunch of bullshit and you know it everyone in first saw you and Alena still in class after the bell rang you two were like in your own little world not even noticing the people around." Okay so what if it was a lie I can't get dentition today Alena coming over today to work on the project can we just drop it.
Alena POV
It was lunch time and hope would not stop bugging me about me and James but I told her at lunch to drop it because there's nothing to tell she finally did and we ate lunch together all of us from yesterday. I pulled out the salad from yesterday and ate it but it still didn't fill me up. I threw my trash away and talked to the girls at the table when the bell rang for gym all of us got up and went to the change rooms I got dressed in neon green shorts and and a black and neon green tank top. I put my hair in a ponytail and I was ready with my black nike and neon green running shoes on. After I put my bag and my regular clothes in one of the gym lockers and put my lock on it I left outside with hope and the rest of the girls mostly everyone was already done. Changing and were out and into the gym the coach come out separate us between boys and girls boys on left and girls on right we are going to be playing dodge ball. Lucky I'm good at this game so the first couple of minutes most of the girls are out except for like fifteen and there's twenty five guys left. I send five girls to take out the right side and five girls to take out the left side they took out fourteen of them so I take my group of five girls and take out six of them. So that leaves them with five guys against thirteen girls each one of them has a ball. There all the guys from the A-list except one Kyle so it's Lucas,James,Alex,Adrian, Kyle throws a ball at me but I catch it easy so that leaves us four I throw a ball at Adrian and hits him in the chest. He's out I told hope to go for Lucas and have four girls help I have Ashley take four so she can take Alex and then I take two girls with me. I see hope she just got Lucas out and four minutes later Ashley got Alex out but we lost four girls everyone's quiet I turn to Jessica and tell her my plan. Well,well,well it seems that your all alone Mr. Anderson I throw a ball but before he catches it he gets hit with to other balls which gets him out. Girls win!! Hope comes up to me and said we won yeah we did. All the girls surrounded me and clapping. Good job Ms. Rodriguez didn't think you could do it. Simple strange mr. Anderson dived and concur easy as that I'm surprised I didn't think you would be okay with losing. "Well I guess we were both wrong today me thinking the guys would win and you thinking I would be a sore loser." Okay kids enough chit chat hit the showers. Hey James you think I could use the shower at your house it's okay if I can't but I would like it more if I could. Umm yeah sure why not go get your stuff and meet me in the parking lot then we can head out. I walked back in and grabbed my stuff from the locker and went to his bike I was still dressed in my shorts I didn't want to stink up my other clothes stupid. Low life pigs kept whistling at me once I got to his bike he was already standing there. It got worse they kept asking me if I needed a ride and they could show me a good time. James looked really mad and gave the guys a look I couldn't see because I had my back to him but whatever he did made them so scared that they went back to where they were. Okay come on let's get going my car is just a few spots away we finally got to house or mansion rather we got inside his gate we parked in the front of the steps I got down and got my stuff to shower. It's a nice house white two stories a stair case to the left when you walk into the house to the right a living room. The showers are upstairs. He lead me to a light blue and white bedroom with a queen side bed in the middle and a window with a bench. This amazing. "The bathroom is through that door on the right there should be some towels my room is down the hall on your right I'm going to go shower come find me when your done make yourself at home." He left I took out my phone to call Alicia tell her I'm not coming until six.
Alicia: Hello
Alena: hey Alicia it's me Alena I'm really really sorry but I can't come to work until six Monday-Thursday and I have to be off on Fridays I have this project for school that I need to do with my partner I hope you understand.
Alicia: That's fine Alena how long is this project?
Alena: Its for three weeks I'm really sorry for this.
Alicia: Alena it's okay really I'll see you today at six and I hope your project goes well
Alena: thank you bye
Alicia: Bye
After I hung up I grabbed my stuff and took a shower it's a really good thing I brought my green apple and cucumber shampoo and conditioner and my deodorant I rinsed my hair and body in a nice cold shower. I got another look at my injuries from last night and my lip is already healed my bruises on my face are already healing. That my face only needs a little foundation I grab the wrapping tape from my bag and wrap my stomach and ribs I put my clothes from this morning and put my shoes I grab my dirty clothes and put them. In my sports bag along with my other shoes and shampoo I grab my sports bag and back pack I quickly grab my towel so I can keep drying my hair. I make it down the stairs and put my sports bag next to the door and put my back pack in the living room. James James where are you Anderson? I walk into the kitchen I open his fridge he did said make yourself at home. I grab all the stuff to make a sandwich I grab two plates four breads I put mustard on one and mayo on the other. I cut up tomatoes and lettuces and put them on top of turkey and cheese. And pickles lots of pickles then I finish it off with a bag of chips on the side. I got two glasses down and went into the fridge and put away all the food I took out grabbed a pitcher of water and fill both glass cups. Right when I was closing the fridge I hear someone. Hey James I was looking for you but I got hungry. "I'm sorry I'm not James I'm his father Jason Anderson and who are and what are you doing in my house not to be rude or anything. Oh I'm sorry I'm Alena Rodriguez this must look really bad a girl in your house making a sandwich I'm sorry me and your son are doing a project for English. We had gym where beating him in a good game of dodge ball girls vs. guys so I took a shower here. I was looking for him but instead found the kitchen. And made a sandwich for me and him if you want you can have one I can make him another one. Haha you beat my son in dodge ball come sit down and eat with me. This one has mustard on the left and that one has mayo on the right he took the one with the mayo. So I grabbed the water and sat down with him on one of the bar stools. Here you go it was quite a good game if he would have played smarter and made a plan he could have won. We were out number but in the end I dived my team and concurred. I told him the story of dodge ball and he couldn't keep laugh at his son. He was very impressed with my strategy that I had. Finally James came down right when Jason was telling me how when James was little he would play cops and robbers with his friends, but when he was chasing the robbers he fell into the pool instead. What's going on here Alena I've been looking for you for an hour and half!! Dad what are you doing home it's kinda early for you to be home! JAMES CARTER ANDERSON you do not yell at me or your father like that do you understand now sit down say your sorry for yelling to your father and me while I make you a sandwich. "I'm sorry for yelling at you Alena." Good apology accepted now your father too. And I'm waiting? I'm sorry dad for yelling at you. His dad starts to laugh at James. And what are you laughing at Jason Anderson huh your supposed to say apology accept now for laughing at your son you have dishes to wash. I just finished making James a sandwich and grabbed him a cup of water and cut his sandwich in a triangle and placed it in front of him he gladly took it and said thank you. Come on Jason you have dishes to wash he grumpy went to do it while I grabbed my and his plates and put them in the sink to wash. I checked the time on my phone and it was five-thirty James finished and put his plate in the sink his dad already finished. Washing our dishes so he was just sitting on one of the stool James was going to walk away but I told him he needs to wash his dishes now he did it with little complaint. It's was five-forty-five okay boys I've got to go to work now. It was really nice meeting you Jason maybe on Friday when I'm off I can stay all day and you can tell me more stories of James when he was little. Definitely Alena your welcome here any time even when you told me what to do in my own home. Haha sorry Jason can't show favoritism because you own this house. No worry Alena hopefully I'll see you on Friday or tomorrow. I gave him a big hug and he gave me a kiss on the head before I left with James to grab my back pack from the living room and head to the door . James grabbed my back pack and sports bag from the door and cared it out for me I open the trunk so he could put them in there. Thanks James for today it was fun even if we didn't get any work done. I had fun to Alena I'll see you tomorrow at six and at school he gave me his number. I gave him a hug and closed my trunk and got into my car and drove away. I got to work with two minutes to spare and worked until midnight when I finally got home. My dads truck wasn't there so he must have gone to the bar to drink tonight thanking God for that I went into my room and changed into my sleeping clothes. I put my phone to charge and send James a goodnight text and went to blissful sleep.
JamesPOV
The closed the door to the house as she drives away. "I like her you should bring her around more she reminds me of your mother strong,brave, loving, head strong, caring. Your mother would have liked her she would have loved her especially after she made me do the dishes and making you apologize." Thanks dad but me and her are just friends everyone at school see me as a beast that there scared of. "Your an idiot you know that what girl who was scared of you would order you around like that not even your friends would do that. And when she did do that you didn't get mad at her for telling you what to do son that's not a beast if anything she's turning you into yogi bear. I would know your mother did the same thing to me but if ant to keep living in denial then that's your choice I'll be in my office." I went to my room to think and read at least some of the book for class. I was so into  reading the book. I heard my phone buss that was next to me I saw it was a message from unknown. So I clicked on it and said goodnight Anderson-Alena I got undressed into my boxers and brushed my teeth and went to bed. With only one person on my mind before I crashed out.