December 16'

Sick of losing soul mates- Doddleoddle

"We will grow old as friends

I've promised that before

So what's one more?

In our grey haired circle waiting for the end.

What the hell would I be, without you?

Brave face talk so lightly

Hide the truth.

Cuz' I'm sick of losing soul mates."

Warning: The following letter contains words of verbal stupidity written by a future lifelong friend, who is competing to make his best friend's 18th birthday memorable.

I know what you are thinking right now.

"I'm 18, so aren't there supposed to 18 letters?"

You know what, let's do some maths here. Count the number of months from 7th of March 2015 to 7th of December 2016. Its 18 months isn't it?

Why do the numbers always add up when it's your birthday? Why? I mean last time it was 7, this time 18. What's with this connection?

OKAY, FINE, it's 19 months. But I wanna make the numbers match.

So, shush.

I wrote one letter for every month I have felt lucky to have found you.

I know another thing you are thinking about right now.

"Isn't this the same concept like the Catch fire fan fiction?"

Yes, yes it is. I just loved the idea of starting every letter with a song that in a way summarises everything I want to say.

And hey, what's with the thinking?

Stop thinking, start reading.

All of this, whatever I wrote, this trip down the memory lane, I remember all of this because...let's just say I really meant it when I said I cherish every moment that I spend with you. Because I do, I really-really do.

All of it just sticks to my memory, because whenever I go through the pages of my memory, they are just inked with photographic images of the times we have spent together.

I have this tendency of blurting out whatever I have on my mind occasionally. You know that right?

The "long ass texts"?

But what you don't know is that I don't have a way with the words okay? Okay, I really don't.

I just know how to put them in simple strings of letters and put them before you. I may not know how to use complicated words but what I do know, is tell someone how much I love them, doesn't matter how many words it takes.

In this case of course, you.

Does that explain the "long ass texts"? I think it does.

You know the feeling when your friend rests their head on your shoulder? I hope you do, because it's an amazing feeling and there is nothing better than that.

I think of doing it sometimes, actually it's more like an instinct when I'm sitting right next to you, but I feel like maybe you would feel weird. I know, I'm assuming your actions that way, but I don't know.