July 15'

Holding On to You- Twenty One Pilots

"You are surrounding, all my surroundings

Sounding down the mountain range, of my left side brain.

You are surrounding, all my surroundings,

Twisting the kaleidoscope, behind both of my eyes.

And I'll be holding on to you."

Poking each other had become a regular thing now. Not just any thing, it had become our thing; something people could recognise us from.

"Is that two people pushing each other out of the way? That's definitely the twins."

Yeah, no one had actually said that; just a figment of my imagination, which is pretty vast.

And so is my memory.

"Oi, kal school ke bad chowringhee chale?"

"Rukja. Papa se poochne de."

...

"He made a face, but CHAL."

That is the very fast thing I remember about this month. I remember we had a plan to take Ritik along but eh we dumped him.

"Tum boring ho gaye ho."

Ouch.

You said this while we were standing on the stairs waiting for the order. But eh it was true, so I nodded to agree.

Soon after this the guy handed us a big ass plate with fried momos. We really need to control this impulsive decision making, I'm telling you (not really, It's fun). We tried our level best to eat it, but it was just flowing down our hands. Ew!

So we decided to get it packed so that you could take it home for your brother.

"Aree bhai hai na, gand insaan, vo khalega."

And so we started walking towards your house. There are a LOT of ways to reach that place. Seriously, phew. After reaching you walked with me a little ahead.

"Road ke end tak nai chodh ke aari mei."

So I guess it was time to say goodbye. We did what we usually do.

"Hatt" "Abe jaa na" "TU JAA!"

And I poked you on your dola and kinda ran away. But I looked behind only to see you walking towards me. you went ahead and put your arm around my other shoulder, as if hugging me bye. But I didn't get it, obviously.

"Yeh kya tha bhai?"

"Side hug."

"Side hug kyu?"

"Because you know, paseena and stuff. So side hug."

I left with the biggest smile, covering the two distant edges of my face.

This was the month, when "I bet my life on you" started fading away. It was all getting normal to text each other even when the clock was striking 2 am. Hell, it was getting normal to call each other at 2; thank god for Whatsapp calls. I remember this one time, it was 1 am. Eeshdeep texted you asking why were you awake at this time, and you said,