August 16'

Wind beneath my wings- Bette Midler

"Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be
I can fly higher than an eagle
Cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed
but I've got it all here in my heart
I want you to know, I know the truth, yes I do
I would be nothing without you."

It is true you know? This is one of those songs which actually remind me of you and the importance of your existence in this teeny-tiny world of mine.

If I am to sum up what this month meant to me, I am gonna say without another second of doubt, that this was indeed the happiest time of my life. Not because I was finally free of toxicity weighing me down but mainly because we had a hell of a time together.

This was the month when it used to rain a lot. And who doesn't love rains? We all wish for it don't we? But do you know what I used to wish for?

Every time the clouds would shiver when we were in school, I wished for the rain to start falling exactly when it was the dispersal time. Come on, you know why.

Because that way I would get to drop you home while both of us would get drenched in the rain. That was the happiest I've ever seen myself because of a simple natural phenomenon, rain.

On the way to your home, we would jump in water puddles, throw dirty water at each other and obviously push the other one into the said puddle. I remember us stopping a thousand time between the school and your home just because one of us was trying to push the other and people looking at us like we were a couple of lunatics.

"Expose ho gya. White salwar hai na."

"Nai nai."

"Tumhare to nipples bhi dikh rahe hai."

"...I was actually worried about that today."

All this.

But there is this one thing that I absolutely remember till date and which still cracks me up.

One day, on the road leading to your home, while I was throwing you into a puddle because you had made a very bad joke, you said,

"ARRE! BAAT KARTE HAI NA!!"

I remember your laugh after saying that and all of that still makes me laugh. Believe me.

I don't remember the date but I do have this memory, and a very-very happy one.

"Tere liye chocolate rakhi hai. Kab lene aayega?"

"Tuition ke bad aa jau ghar?"

"Aajaaaa."

So I did. I remember me sitting on this scooty. Uncle saw me on the way and when he asked you about me, you nodded. And then you came and gave me the chocolate and we sat on what I wanna call, a high stair. We split the chocolate and just talked. We talked about the most random and at the same time most sensible things.

I've told you this but I'm gonna again. During this conversation, you said,

"I'm not as much a happy person as I was? I mean I try to be?"

And I tapped you on the shoulder like always. That tap meant that I will always be there with you and that I will take care of you and your happiness even when you can't.

I remember us commenting on the people passing by and freaking out about asking one of them, the time. But you did. I came at about 6:30 and I remember leaving at 8:15, which clearly shows that I love spending time with you and that time flies for me when we do.

I didn't wanna go home that day. I just wanted to sit there and just talk to you and listen to you and laugh till eternity. But I had to, so I gave you the tightest hug, to which you responded well and said,

"Log galat smjhenge."

I don't care log kya sochenge. Comfy hug tha na? Bas.

And obviously, how can I forget 18th of August. It was the day we technically celebrated a year of us being twins. Do you remember this from last year's Raksha Bandhan?

"Mere ghar kab aayegi?"

"10 saal bad."

Well, I do.

I remember posting the same picture of us on insta and filling the caption with whatever I was feeling. To which your reply came as,

"Haaaaye! I love you too bruh.

Now people are gonna think I just have one shirt."

Ab uss mei meri kya galti.

After you came back from your Masi's home, you texted me and in 15 minutes I was at your home.

"Yeh le. Tera gift."

You didn't even pick up the shirt. Such effort, much wow. After that I remember us sitting on the bed and you tie-ing the rakhi on my hand and opening the box of Kaju ki Barfi.

"Khale."

I gave you the two gifts (a book and a 5SOS poster) and after waiting for a while before the third, I gave you it too.

"Mei yeh baad mei padhunga."

"Nai. Abhi. Dekh mei moment imagine kar chuka hu, so ruin mat kar."

"That's what I do."

I fake read the Harry potter while you read what I had written. It took a lot of effort you know? Making that little notebook.

I remember aunty coming in between.

"Yeh kya hai? Kahani? Anmol ne likhi hai?"

You just nodded.

You fake wiped you tears after reading it and continued that for another minute.

"Huggie!"

You finally said.

We both looked right at the door, made sure your parents weren't coming in, and had a quick but bot achi hug.

After that I just sat next you while you dealt with rushing feelings probably.

"Tu yeh leja, yeh bhi leja. Sab kuch leja."

You said while pushing a bunch of stuff towards me and even force fed me a barfi.

I went on try my shirt and paste the poster on your wall strategically so you could rub your naked body on it.

I also remember us texting Tanishq from my account. That was hilarious. And later, we went downstairs.

We stood there and talked for a while. And when it was time to say goodbye, I gave you the tightest hug and you hugged me back just the same.

I still had a lot of feels running inside of me so I went in for another one but I was kinda scared that you might find it weird. But you gave me a nice warm hug instead.

Muka, I have said this, a number of times but you are like a real sister to me. And I feel like our relationship is much stronger than other similar ones. And just the thought of us, makes me really happy. I know that it makes you happy too. And I wish for it last forever.

I'm actually nothing without you, and I don't know what I would ever do without you.

You're the wind beneath my wings. And I will spend my entire life trying to be yours.