November 15'

Disconnected- 5 Seconds of Summer

"You are my getaway

You are my favourite place.

We put the world away

Yeah we get so disconnected."

We are so similar. I even remember keeping the count of the things we have in common. And there were just so many things that we had to stop counting. It should have crossed, like a million by now surely. We have had so many moments when even with a bunch of people around we were thinking about the same thing, and in that moment we would look at each other and just know, that we are connected.

I guess, that's why and that's how we get so disconnected.

Even after surfing through my memories a bunch of times, all I remember about this month is Tanjul's birthday. We didn't have time to go out on her birthday because, well, exams.

28th November, was when we went to Hauz Khas.

I remember calling you in the morning asking what the hell should I wear. Your solution was simple.

"Black, wear black. Tera colour hai."

Between and cancelling and making up our minds a couple of times, all of us were finally on the metro.

I remember Dee showing us a picture that classified people as animals on the basis of their birth date.

"Ae tu toh chuha hai."

You said while pointing at me and obviously laughing.

"Aur tu kutta. I mean kuttiya bhi nai, kutta."

An appropriate nickname for you which I will come up with in the near future.

"Anmol, iss wale auto mei aa!"

You and Dee said in sync as after looking for autos outside the station, I was going in to sit with Julls and him. Of course, I was so dumb.

After a couple of minutes later we reached where we were supposed to. We made our way into the castle looking, beautifully ancient place.

I remember us trying to get to a place that was a little isolated from the rest of the land to get a better view of everything. Except to get there, you had to cross a path that had a fall on one end. You all went right ahead but I couldn't, because obviously, I have a fear of heights.

Just about when I was thinking of not going forward, you stretched your hand out to me. And saw me with that look on your face that said,

"Here, come, hold onto my hand and I'll help you get across."

Because you know me, you know my fears. So I held it and got to the other side.

The next thing was our determination to get to the bottom of the place. We went through dark places, climbed down stairs, but we couldn't. So we sat down at a place and there came out a bunch of phones to click pictures.

"Sabse lambe hath kiske hai, vo click karega."

And obviously you were the one.

After capturing a bunch of pictures you held the camera against the two of us.

AND OH MY GOD DO I STILL HATE MYSELF FOR NOT SMILING OR LAUGHING AT THAT MOMENT. WHY, WHY DID I HAVE TO GIVE THE DEAD EXPRESSIONS?!

God, only if I had known that was the only picture I am gonna have of us.

"Look at me, I mean I look so cute. And fir tujhe dekho. Smile hi kar deta."

I do regret it okay? Huh.

When we were done, we went up again and I remember one funny moment that still makes us laugh.

Dee was trying to get off from the top of the stairs by jumping. But, she fell. We saw it, not exactly, but you know, through peripheral vision.

"Arre, yeh ball kiski giri."

"Arre, yeh ball to hamari hai."

That had us laughing so hard, damn.

After being done with eating at Mia Bella, we were about to leave for home. But the other three decided it was a good time to get some ice cream, when you were getting late for your tuition.

We waited for a while but then your mom called, so it was really time now for you to leave. And obviously, I went with you, there was no way I was letting you go alone.

We took an auto ride to the metro, got in, talked and laughed on the way, got people to judge us, and we reached the point where was had to change our route.

There were a hell lot of people on Rajiv Chowk station. But eh, it's supposed to be crowded anyway.

"Bhai, bol rha hu. Hath pakad le, bot rush hai."

Awh, will you look at that, me being so protective. It was and obviously, still is a natural instinct.

"Tera arm kitna patla sa hai. Leh, mera dekh."

"Whoa, tera toh dola bhi itna bda hai."

Maa kasam, bhai tera dola.

Next thing we knew was that we were on a rickshaw on the way to your home. As soon as it stopped, you jumped out, literally, handed the rickshaw wala money, and just ran away.

"CHANGE LE LIYO!"

You said to me. And I just watched you running, believe me, funniest thing ever.

After that I followed you, and you went up to get your books. You called me apparently before coming down, maybe to ask me where I was. It was on silent, so I didn't realise. I was waiting before the door of your house and suddenly it just flew open and you came out.

And I remember us powering walking to the end of the road. And that was it; we went separate ways after a comfy hug.

Just know, that I am never gonna leave you alone. And that I will always be there even when nobody else is. I'll be standing right beside you, through it all. And that I will always be overprotective of you, no matter what the situation is, because for me it's an instinct. You are my instinct.