June 16'

The Run and Go- Twenty One Pilots

"You'll have to watch me struggle
From several rooms away
But tonight I'll need you to stay."

I am finding it unusual to sit here with my laptop screen open, and dive into the tides of thoughts crashing against my mind and not come up with something to write.

No, I actually know what I want to write about. It just feels extremely difficult to take up a paper, and copy it with ink. So bear with me here.

I'm gonna call it the pre-break-up month.

I just want to thank you, you know? For having my back when I had to make a decision and stay firm about it. I want to thank you for the late night supportive texts; for calling my decision- right.

You have always told me,

"Do you what you feel is right."

I don't think I would have been able to survive and even come out of the ocean of worries that pulled me down in bed every morning, if it wasn't for you. I don't think I would have been really able to let go of that person, who yes, made me happy at some point, but then crushed me into pieces every single day. That's what you do right? Sometimes you don't let go of a certain thing that's making you sad as it made you happy once. And you just believe that it'll be normal again. But it never really does.

So I guess, for this month I just want to thank you for telling me that I am a human being and I should be able to do whatever made me happy and that change is a bare necessity of life.

Thank you for standing right beside me; for staying with me.