June 15'

Never Be Alone- Shawn Mendes

"I promise that I'll be around

I'll keep you safe

I'll keep you sound."

The school ended as soon as it had started. Generally, I'd be happy about not going to school, generally holidays made me happy but this time it was different; this time they didn't make me jump around in joy. It was pretty clear, the reason. Holidays meant not being able to see you every day, not being able to talk to you every day, not being able to laugh with you every day, in short, not being able to just be with you every day.

But contrary to how I thought it was gonna be, it turned out to be something amazing. We talked a lot, and by a lot I mean, A LOT. Sure it was just Whatsapp texts but I think it played a major role in bringing us closer to one another. And I think it was better this way. We got the time to set in slowly and firmly, rather than having everything at once. This was actually the time we really got to know one another.

This was the month Dee and I after desperate attempts to like the Computer Science section, decided to drop it and take up EG. A decision I highly regret. I should have taken Physical Ed. That way I could have not taken EG and would have still been in the same section as Dee and Julls. Anyway, I remember myself fearing that Dee would get EG but I won't. And you said,

"Mil jayegi. Bhagwanji hai okay?"

So this was the month, we first hung out- when we went to school to submit the documents.

I remember calling you right after I got out of my tuition. You picked up and your voice gave me the impression that you had just woken up.

"Abhi uthi hai?"

"NAAAAI. Subah hi uth gaya tha. Mumma se poochle."

"Nah abhi uthi hai."

*background voice*

"Mumma isko btao mei subah uth gya tha."

I laughed throughout that conversation. And then we met around that Rajinder Nagar tank. As far as I can remember you were wearing a green full-sleeves shirt. I remember this because I guess I like that shirt of yours and because who wears full sleeves in summers?! Well, now I do too.

Back to the topic, as we were walking to school you told me that you always walked from home to school and school to home from this way with aunty. I also remember you telling me your father didn't approve of this little trip of ours.

"Haan toh documents hi toh submit karne hai, akele chala jayega."

After surviving the scary receptionist we were walking down the road straight from school. And you wrapped your index finger around mine and started pulling on it.

"Jab Tanjul aur mei upset hote hai toh hum yeh karte hai."

It was the cutest thing ever. And after a while of looking around we settled for Café Coffee Day.

I remember us sitting, facing each other, sipping our coffee and laughing about something that was going on, on the TV behind you. Yeah we do laugh a little louder when together. People sitting on the next table, judging us was one of the many proofs. Then I walked you home. And after a while of talking, we said our goodbyes.

This was the month when we decided to fire it up a notch and make Surbhi Di believe that you were my girlfriend.

OH.MY.GOD.

It was so much fun, I can't even tell you. I can just imagine the look on her face when she didn't believe me and I gave you her number and you texted her.

"Hi. I'm Muskan. I am the person Annu is talking about."

Oh that devilish innocence of yours, it still cracks me up.

After almost an hour of playing her, I decide to tell her. And I remember exactly what she said when I told her that I loved you like a sibling.

"Oh, I wish girlfriend hoti."

"Nah di. I'm actually happier with the kind of relationship I have with her right now. It's different, really. I love it."

I remember telling you it the next day.

The next memory I have of this month is,

"I bet my life on you"

I remember us just blurting this out after every single text we sent each other.

"Maybe this could be our forever."

was what you had said. The perfect thing said at the perfect moment. So it did stick around as our forever.

27th June; yeah I even remember the date of this one, the day you introduced me to Akansha.

I remember us walking down the road to her house, and you telling me that blue color suited me. You were wearing pink; it looked good on you.

You rang the bell when we reached her home and she came down. I even remember what she was wearing; a light blue shirt and olive green jeans.

After hanging out, eating pizzas at The Flashback, we sat in the park for a while where you two showed me your favorite seat. We talked and laughed for a while before walking back to her home.

I also remember us going all awkward and talking to each other to distract ourselves when we saw her friends there.

"Arre vo dekh badal."

"Arre ek uncle bhi hai building mei. Hi uncle."

Damn. We were laughing way too hard. After that you said bye to her and we walked to your home.

"Jaa na!"

"Abe tu jaa na!"

"Mei toh ni jata, mei toh yahi khada rahoonga."

Insulting each other came to us naturally. But we knew that it didn't mean anything. It just showed how much we loved each other.

Now, the most important thing of this month/life happened kinda in the middle of everything I just said.

This was the month when you said something, that broke me into tears and turned my world upside down, something that made me happier than anything else in this entire world.

I remember asking you a question about something that was bothering me. And oh do I remember the answer.

"Anmol, you're my brother and I love you."

I don't have words to explain how I felt in that particular moment, because that wasn't at all what I was expecting. All I knew was that yes, I felt exactly the same.

You are my sister, and I love you too.

So I guess, Infinite is the word I'm searching for, because hey twin, I bet my life on you too.