May 15'

Safety Pin- 5 Seconds Of Summer

"Broken Boy meets Broken Girl"

School was never fun, really, people judging us by the white in our shirts and grey in our pants. I never had a reason to come to school, because it was always the same. Running around, walking among the confused crowds who aren't really sure what they are doing this for, without a care in this world. I would always think that tomorrow would be interesting, tomorrow it would be different but that tomorrow never paralleled with today. Until one day, I found a reason. Or did the reason find me?

You met me at a very strange time in my life. You found me at a time when I knew I was lost, and didn't know it at the same time. Yes, this does sound like what you wrote for me in the diary. But what can I do? It was all true for me too.

"Am I bad friend?"

Was what you had asked me. I didn't know you much at that time, but one thing I could see, the one thing that was crystal clear, was that no, no were not a bad friend. I had seen you stand up a number of times for your friends so yeah, you were an amazing friend to have. So I did what came naturally to me- tell you it. And this ignited a conversation that changed our lives. In that moment I would have never guessed that you'd grow to be so important to me.

I remember you asking me to come with you, to talk to the said guy, and I refused. I stood there along with Dee and Julls against the gate, mentally providing you the strength. But I regret not coming with you, I'm sorry, I should have.

The next few days were crucial. As you said, we talked, we shared, and we poured our hearts out. I can't ever forget that little pinch of excitement lined with seeing you in school the next day, having lunch with you, and moreover flipping some morons off.

May 7th, is a day I am never gonna forget. It was the day we called us twins; more like declared it. We got too close way too fast and that had never happened with me. I was a little too surprised but then I realized that it was all so because you were different, because you were unique. Just like you said, we both had same type of issues when we met, trust issue. I guess that was exactly what surprised other people too. Do you even remember the rumors? Well I do.

"Oh they are definitely dating". I remember us laughing our asses off to that one. But one thing I really loved was that it didn't affect us in way yet known to the human kind. Instead, we decided to dalo-ing aag mei ghee. And oh my god, it was so much FUN. I guess, that brought us closer, brought us that comfort around each other, that we have.

I won't forget Dee's birthday either. I remember convincing everyone to come for her birthday, and I succeeded. And then I remember you saying, "ab toh kuch karna padega tere liye". It was the first time I visited to your house, to your room. I sat at the edge of the bed with awkwardness. But it soon vanished, you made it vanish, you made me comfortable.

The very last thing I remember about May, was that 10th class reunion. I remember us sitting together, laughing, childishly fighting over a pencil and a guy staring right at us from across the room. I remember us being so happy in being each other's presence. Made him jealous huh? Yeah, that was the power of us and that too in a short period of time. I also remember telling you about what I said to mom when she said that 99% of girls in school are just distractions and nothing else.

"She is from the one percent maa, and if that 1% makes me a 100% happy, then I don't care what anyone else thinks".

After that I remember you saying,

"Now I am feeling really good".

Yeah, I remember every little detail, why wouldn't I?

Muka, you were my escape. I was tired of having to pretend around people, not be myself but it was like you came in, and freed me. You gave me the strength, rather you became my strength and helped me out of that cage. You made me, me.

I remember you telling me the same. Not exactly it, no, but yeah.

I'm so glad to have found you and glad of you being glad to have found me. It's all like they say, meant to be. The pieces of our puzzles fell into place, and everything fit.

Oh yes, it was just like you said; With time and efforts and most importantly Trust, we safety pinned the pieces of our broken hearts back together.