May 16'

Thank you for being a Friend- Andrew Gold

"And when we both get older
With walking canes and hair of gray
Have no fear even though it's hard to hear
I will stand real close and say

Thank you for being a friend

And when we die
And float away
Into the night
The milky way
You'll hear me call
As we ascend
I'll say your name
Then once again

Thank you for being a friend."

Even if this song along with a thousand times I've told you, doesn't make clear it enough, then I'll say it a thousand times more.

Thank you for being a friend.

I'm sure you're wondering why this song for this month. Eh, you know the answer, you know why.

7th May. A year Muka.

The whole day, I tried to talk to you but you were somewhat busy. And when you finally came online and replied to the messages I had left you, YOU DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER.

You didn't even remember the day. Pfffftttt.

So I told you it.

"A year."

"What?"

"7th May Muka, a year."

"MUJE YAAD THA MONTH KE STARTING SE. Bas abhi bhool gayi thi."

Then I remember you asking for a picture of us together so you can post it on Instagram. And as usual, I just had one. Seriously, gotta change that situation.

You decided to go for something else instead and so I waited.

And I got this notification that led me to this post, on which the image said,

"You said you wanted lots of love for you birthday right?

Wish granted!"

with a ring on top of the box. And how can I forget the caption.

"Because of my inability toarticulate my feelings, here's a picture to do it for me. Happy one year fren." 

Nothing else made mehappier, than you calling me your fren, becausethat is exactly what you are to me too.

  "Love you too fren."

You know me right? Ithink a lot and I know that causes problems. And so this was the month when Ifelt a little unwanted too. I remember the four of us going to the park, after an exam or maybe something else.

 We sat on the benches we generally sit on and as soon you sat you murmured something. "Woah, Deja vu."

I knew why. I justdidn't say it.It was the same benchwe sat on, on 1st August 15', after the school's annual play; you me and her. And just like that day, you were swinging your legs to and fro and it struck me at the same time it struck you. 

Coincidence? I think not. 

After talking around for a bit we went over to the place where all the rides were. We dangerously went over the See-Saw, sat on top of the swing and what not. Then there was this big yellow round thingy we stood around but Julls slid right in. And in the middle of the conversation as usual, I dissed you.

You took off yourshoe and threw it at me. 

"Meri shirt kya tu dhoegi?"

"Joota vapis de, joota."

"Mei toh ni dera.Maunga."

"Naaaaaai."

"Yeap."

"Mummy ko bol dunga."

"Toh? Bol de."

And then you hopefully looked at Julls and said,

"Isko bol shoe vapisdega."

That was hilarious. 

Being the good twin,I returned the shoe and even offered to tie your laces. 

Kaha milega mere jaisa bhai teko bhai?! Huh.

And then we all went back to pick our bags and we walked Julls and Dee to the metro station. And I walked youhome. And you as usual told me every story there was to tell, which I honestly love. 

The same day when I told you how I was feeling unwanted, you asked me something.

"How does one feel unwanted?"

I didn't have ananswer. 

Maybe it was not feeling unwanted, or maybe it was. I'm always at a lack of a better word. You listened to me anyway, and reassured me. 

You know, I have probably never told you this but every time something like that happens I feel I don't know, renewed. It's like everything around me starts to make sense in my head again because you, you make me happy. 

And I never want to be unable to feel that little something. 

Because it may justbe something for someone, for me it's everything.