August 15'

Soul Sister- Train

"Hey Soul Sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do."

Drama queen, a title that's supposed to be for a "queen" but hey look at you, you never missed a chance to call me that did you? Whatever I did, you just had these two words to shut me up. Oh my god, I hate you for it.

Nah, as much as I pretend to hate you for it or give you the dead looks, I kinda, sorta, love it. Because...

"I really love you okay? You're a drama queen but still."

So now you know why.

Since we are talking about drama, let's just take a few steps back into the past.

1st August, the day when the annual school drama took place, you had to speak on stage. Well, not exactly on stage. I remember your call in the morning. I was on my scooty when you called and so the first thing I said was,

"Matlab, meko maarne ka plan hai, huh?"

And you told me to call Akansha because for certain reasons she couldn't, and then you hung up. I remember buying a small fruit n nut dairy milk for you, because you had asked for it.

So after having picked her and yada yada... We reached school. And just after some time, you were there beside the stage, speaking about...well stuff. DONOT expect me to remember what you were talking about okay?! Okay.

I remember how happy you were looking and how confused I was because of it. You were pretending or you were actually happy? Probably pretending because hey, gotta look happy on stage.

"Bachi itni khush kyu lag rahi hai? Chalo, achi baat hai."

I probably said that like 15 times. After it was over the three of us went to the park and sat on the bench facing the rides. We talked for a while and then decided to go to the Flashback.

"Just imagine. Agar uss din maine vo question na poocha hota, toh aaj hum yaha par na hote."

You were right, I guess. Universe is mysterious isn't it? But I think we still would have ended in that same place, one way or the other. But still, thank the angels above that you asked me that question.

When we were done and about to leave, you're phone which was in your lap, fell, as you were trying to get up. I remember laughing so hard, and your face filled with this terrible awkwardness.

"I wanted the Earth to open, and engulf me."

Something you told me that day at night. Another thing happened that night, but I don't wanna mention it.

If you are wondering, this is not why I remember this month. I remember it because of a certain other day.

August 31st, it was a Monday. No I don't have that good a memory; I had to Google "Rakhi 2015 date". Totally not embarrassing.

So yeah, I remember this month because of the first, well our first Rakhi. I remember you telling me how you went out with your friends to buy a rakhi for me.

"It's pretty cool. Tu khush ho jayega".

"Obviously it's cool. You bought it".

I couldn't actually find a gift good enough for you. So I asked you, what you wanted. You told me that a chocolate is more than enough.

"Ek choti fruit n nut silk. Bas".

So I bought one.

The actual Rakhi was on 29th. I remember texting you at 12 a.m., a Happy Raksha Bandhan. God, lame. And in the morning after taking a bath and all, out of nowhere, I started listening to Gangnam Style. I was talking to you at that time, and I remember you telling me that you were going to your Masi's for the day.

"Oi. What about mere ghar. Huh?"

"10 saal baad aaungi. Pkka."

Yeah, you better.

The day after tomorrow in school, was our Rakhi. I don't remember seeing you in the morning but you came in the break.

You came over to my seat, I was already standing up. We talked, mostly laughed for about 5 minutes. Then you reached into your pocket and brought out the Rakhi. I turned it to see that it was PSY, obviously dancing off to Gangnam Style.

Oh, it was so cute and funny and my god, it did make me happy.

Now it was my turn, so I reached into my bag and pulled out the chocolate. Only it wasn't the one you had asked for. But yeah, it was the bigger version of the same. Oh yes, I remember how happy that made you, and in turn, me. You kept looking at me and then the chocolate and then me, with a really-really happy face.

When the break was over and you were about to leave, you said something. I wasn't sure of what I heard, still am not, but I think you said,

"I love you."

And I was like she said what I think she said? Should I say it back? What if she didn't say it, and I being the idiot, say it back after adding a 'too'. So I played safe and just smiled while looking at you.

Dude, I have to know. You said it or you didn't? You wouldn't remember much, would you?

But I do. I am the acha twin. I guess that's why I still have the rakhi with me, in my wallet and I intend to keep it for as long as I can. So even you didn't say, or did say something in the break, I'll say it.

I love you too, sis.