Chapter 22

The man made a fist with tears threatening to spill in his eyes. "You don't know anything...." He said with sadness all over his words. Ruka's eyes somehow soften upon hearing Heinz's words. "I loved her..... I loved your mother.... she was my first love... but my bestfriend, which is your father, also fell inlove with her. They both loved each other and I was happy for them but one terrible day I heard news that your mother was murdered by humans when they heard you were born," Heinz started opening up and Ruka slowly let her hands fall down to her side. "Your father he.... he committed suicide upon hearing of your mother's death. I was with him when he did it. I was surprise and couldn't do anything. He entrusted you to me but before I could find you the humans did. It took me 15 years before finding you again," He said while his eyes were pleading for Ruka to believe him. Ruka stood there frozen as a memory entered her mind.

*****flashback*****

Blood, pills, knives, injections, doctors... During her fifteen years of living this was all she saw. The girl with pinkish red hair sat on her usual white bed. Her bed didn't even provide her warmth for it was cold. Her red and blue eyes wandered around the room to see if any doctors would come to her. Thankfully there was none but a tall blonde man stood beside her. She stared at him with her usual sleepy eyes. "Who are you?" She asked softly. The man replied, "I am Karl Heinz and I have come to save you." The girl was confuse. 'Why would a stranger save me?' she thought. "You my dear have a very special blood which even us vampires should not mess with," Karl Heinz replied as if reading her thoughts. Karl Heinz stared deeply into her soul then put out his hand. "Will you take my hand and escape this death hole or do you want to perish here?" Karl Heinz questioned her with a straight face. The girl glanced at her stuffed bunny and thought , 'I should do the best thing for Elizabeth...' The girl slowly reached for the man's hand and with that she was saved.

*****end of flashback*****

"Karl Heinz...." She whispered. Heinz shot at the glance at the girl. Ruka was starting to remember but then her mind throbbed painfully. She knelt at the ground while clutching her head. Heinz tried to reach her but then she pointed a knive to him. "Don't come any closer...." she said with venom in her words.