smile :: namseok

As a child namjoon had always remember to show no emotions. He'd never smile, laugh, nor cried. He was told showing emotions would make him weak, and if he he were to do that he'd get punished by his parents. They were strict although they felt like they were just doing it for him... helping him for the next chapter in growing up. Since he was 8, he hasn't shown an emotion since. Kids would call him Mr. No-Fun, or scary boy because of his glares he'd give if he ever heard his name whether from a teacher or student.

After school he'd usually pack up his things and walk home, alone. He hadn't made any friends but he didn't care, he just wanted to make his parents proud.

That is until one day, now at 11 years old- he came across a small park on the other side of the street. He was walking that way because he knew that if he went his old way, people would try to stop him and try to make him smile or laugh. Usually people would say, "that's better than getting bullied or called on.."

But namjoon would feel as he is getting picked on if someone were to do that. As if they were trying to crack him.

As he slowly approaches the park due to curiosity, he stops as he sees another boy on a swing with their eyes closed as they hummed a song while swinging gently. His eyes never left the boy as he slowly walked closer, he didn't know why. Just something about that boy made him feel.... Peculiar. He felt intriguing, but at the same time terrifying. He pushed up his circular glasses a bit before poking the boy- jumping when his eye's opened before namjoon could touch him.

"Oh... hello." The boy smiled as namjoon felt something warm inside him... the smile. He said nothing as the peculiar boy continued to talk, "I like this park... it's my favorite. I like to come here when i'm lonely or sad, it calms me."

Namjoon hums in response as he maintains to make to expression before the boy finally looks up at him. They make eye contact for a while before the boy giggles, causing namjoon to clear is throat.

"Did I have something on my face?" he giggled as he felt his face, namjoon shook his head. "S-sorry..."

"Omo! You talked!" the boy stood up from the swings as he smiled as clapped, causing namjoon to chuckle- but then covering his mouth, his eyes widens as he realized what he had just done. "You laughed too!"

Namjoon just observed the strange boy as he cleared his throat and sighed. The other boy just clapped around the taller male as he felt happy.... Happy that he wasn't alone.

"Why are you here all alone, where's your mother or father?" Namjoon whispered as the boy suddenly stopped clapping and dropped his arms as his expression turned from happy to sad causing namjoon's eyes to widen. "I-i don't know... I was with my neighbor because my mom and dad had to work... and then... I don't remember..."

The boy slumped back into the swings as namjoon sighed before sitting next to him on the other pair, gently swinging. "What's your name?"

"I'm hoseok, and i'm... this many." namjoon watched as the boy held up two 1s. "We are the same age."

"Really?!" hoseok grinned as namjoon nodded. "I'm namjoon."

"You don't smile a lot." hoseok frowned as he stood in front of namjoon and held out his fingers. "What are you-"

Namjoon gets cut off as hoseok places both of his fingers on either ends of namjoon's lips before lifting them, causing him to giggle- namjoon on the other hand gasps as he pushes the boy's hands away. Not wanting to smile, he goes back to his non-expressional face as hoseok pouts and tries again, only to have his hands shoved once again.

"Don't do that!" namjoon shouted as he shoved up his glasses, yet he didn't leave which made hoseok smiled lightly. "Why won't you smile?"

"Because that is weak!"