Chapter eleven

MIAS POV
I was in the kitchen getting a snack when Carl walked in " Hey" " Hey, can I have some?" " No this is my food" " Really Mia?". We both glared at each other before we started laughing as I handed him a pickle " So what did you think of that Jesus guy?" He asked " I thought he was hot but weird at the same time" " Mia you don't know him" " Carl don't start, all I said was I thought he was hot, doesn't mean I'm going to be with him, I'm seventeen and he's probably in his twenties" "Good" " Oh shut up Carl" " Hey I just don't want a repeat" " Stop!" " Mia?" " Stop talking about the past, it's in there for a reason we need to focus on the now and future, if you or dad bring up what happened one more time as an excuse to get me to behave I swear to god" " I'm sorry" " If your sorry stop saying it and hurting me, it's not rocket science". I turned away from him and leaned on the counter " Mia I'm-" " I'm going to have a nap, look after Judith" I said quickly, walking up the stairs. I walked into my bedroom and lied on my bed. I grabbed a pillow and silently cried ' I'm not trusted, they don't think I can survive on my own, they think they need to protect me', " Mia". I looked up at Carl and wiped my eyes " What's wrong?", I was surprised to have Carl pull me into a hug " I'm so sorry, your the best little sister I could ask for and I don't mean to hurt you, I promise I'll back off and if you want I can help you practice with your gun again" " That would be good" " They've been gone a while, I wonder how everything's going" Carl said looking out the window " I hope they're safe" " Let's take Judith for a walk". We put Judith in her pram and began walking her around Alexandrea, we were walking past the gate when someone beeped, the guard at the gate opened the gate and the caravan pulled in. We ran over and dad walked out " Dad how was it?" " We need to have a town meeting" he said walking away and towards the chruch, I looked at Carl I had a very bad feeling.

Everyone was in the church to listen to what dad had to say. " We found a place called the Hilltop and we managed to make a deal with them, it's good but also risky" " What's the deal?" Spencer asked. " They will give us food every month, but we have to kill some people for them" " What people?" " A group called the saviours, and their leader Negan. I know this is dangerous and risky but it's the best thing we could do". Everyone left and Carl left to find Enid, I was slowly walking home with Judith when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and saw Jesus smiling at me. " Hey" he smiled " Hey Jesus, what are you doing here?" " I thought I'd come back and show your dad where Negan's bases are on the map" " Sounds smart, do you think it's a good idea?" " To go against the saviours?" " Yeah" " I think it is, your dad and group are strong, I know you'll be able to take him out" Jesus smiled " Hopefully, it's been a while since any of us have gone against another human group" " I know you'll help us, I should go find your dad but I'd love to see you again after" " Where are you meeting him?" " Your house, I just can't remember" " Follow me". We talked, smiled and laughed together, we stood outside the door and smiled at each other " This is it" I said " Thanks for showing me the way" " No problem, need anything I'm here". We walked inside and everyone looked at us " Jesus what took you so long?" Dad asked " I got lost and asked Mia to help me" " Come on, I want to get this over with quickly", " I'll see you later Jesus" I said walking away " No, your an adult now, and your smart I'd like to hear what you have to say" " Really?" " Of course".

I put Judith in her play pin and walked over, " Okay the saviours have a base here that's the closest one from here, I'm thinking if we take this one out first it'll take them a while to figure out what happened" Jesus said " Should we go in guns blazing?" Carl asked " No that's a stupid idea, you want it to be sneaky, quiet so they won't know who we are or how we got in, I think we should observe the base for a day or two, figure out the ways in and out, how many guns they have then wait till dark go in, stab to the back on the head and only if we need to, use our guns" I said. Everyone looked at me surprised, " I think we'll go with Mia's idea, Abraham and Sasha you two go and watch the place, take good, guns and water that will do you for two days, come back and tell us everything" dad said " We're on it" they said as they left. " Now all we have to do is wait" Carl said as we all looked at each other, I walked upstairs and after a few minutes heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Jesus smiling at me " Hey" " Hey come in" I said standing aside and closing the door after him " Something you need?" I asked " I have a problem that I can't quiet get rid of" " What's that?" " I want to get to know you" he said looking at me. My heart started beating faster at his words " Why?" " I don't know myself, I can't get you out of my head I just have this urge to know you better, what do you say can you help me?" " Sure" I smiled and we sat down on the bed. " What do you want to know?" I asked " Where are you from?" " I'm from Atlanta" " Where's your mom?" " She died after giving birth to Judith in a prison we had before coming here" " What age were you when this all started?" " I was nine, or ten". After all of Jesus' questions he smiled at how well he had gotten to know me and how well I had gotten to know him, we started joking around and laughing when Jesus stared at me. I looked at him and smiled awkwardly " What?" I asked, he didn't say anything he just continued to stare at me, slowly moving closer to me he put his hand on my cheek, stroking it gently. Jesus closed his eyes and pressed his lips against mine, I was shocked at first but it felt right and soon my eyes were closed, he pulled away and looked down at me as I looked up at him " Your so beautiful" I couldn't help hut blush and smile " I don't know if I should be doing this or not?"