Chapter - 37 Sneak Peek

Start from the beginning

I was shivering with the pale winter chill and my boots were too large for my feet to carry and even before I knew, I bumped into something! 

"Ouch!" screamed a girl voice. 

I winced with pain as my head got a massive blow. I looked straight to identify the source to find a woman. 

Shit! I bumped into a girl. 

Her face I couldn't see because unlike me she was busy rubbing her forehead making some really adorable noises and her silky long locks were covering her entire face from view. 

Adorable, seriously ? 

I need a consult for retards!

I hadn't yet apologised, oh damn! 

"Oh shit! I'm..I'm so sorry miss. I was in a hurry and I could.." my tongue got stuck in my mouth.

Did I abandoned my voice too in that restaurant ? 

I was dumbstruck at the beauty in front of me. I forgot what I was supposed to say. I forgot the world, chaos, all worries and time froze for me. Its not that I haven't seen beautiful women before, but there was this can't-be-explained-phenomena about this particular one before me! It was so cliched like they show in movies except the fact that violins and orchestra didn't played. We both stood  firm-rooted to our place and stared deep into each other. She had thick eyebrows, an enthralling pair of orbs, slender nose and kissable soft lips. 

Going by her looks she had an Indian descent. 

"Hey! I'm sorry too. Its not your fault alone." I heard her speak with a gracious smile. It gave an end to the awkward air around. 

Did beauty came with chiming voice ?

"Oh well I'm rushing somewhere. Well you look Indian" I wanted to start a friendly chat totally forgetting my need to start moving. 

"Yeah, from chandigarh, but work here. I'm Riya. Riya Mehra, and you ?" 

"A .. Ayan. Ayan Mukherji from Mumbai" 

God, I've never stuttered in the past 27 years of my life! 

My hands shivered to give a warm handshake but I couldn't decline her extended friendship. 

The moment our hands came in contact, a spark of fire rushed through my veins. I wonder if she felt it too. We exchanged no's and wished a prosperous new year arriving.

She left with a huge smile while I stood with a love sick teen look. My control system of brain advised me to have a look at the place before the officials go home. I face palmed myself and reached the location before they were out of sight. After taking few snaps of the beauty abode, I finalised it by calling Bunny. 

He instead surprised me by ordering to call him by 11 for new year countdown, YJHD style. I couldn't agree more.

But hey! Did my heart actually skipped a beat?