Pedophiles: Part 1

So, if you don't want to hear my opinion, feel free to pretty much skip a lot of this; since I am going to state my opinions a lot.

Hey! So this is the first part. If you want more information, I have more parts coming. (:

First one, pedophiles who act on their actions are repulsive, disgusting, and do not deserve to be free in the public. We often think of "pedophile" and "molester" to be synonymous words, while, in reality, that is not always the case. Lots of pedophiles, whether you believe it or not, exist, and are ashamed of themselves and their attraction to young children.

Now, men are often called pedophiles for liking 11-14 year olds. These people who are attracted to children/adolescents of this age are called hebephiles, not pedophiles, though it's still disgusting. Pedophiles are strictly to young children, such as eight, seven. Ephebophilia is the attraction to adolescents around the age 15-19. Liking a nineteen year old is not legally wrong, since they are over the age of consent here in America.

Anyway, that's just so you can be informed.

Just so you can know, here is the list,

There are two ways to fix a problem. I can give an example with a damn. You can either build a damn, or, like I would, simply move to higher ground. In this case, we need to completely isolate ourselves from influence of those who act on their sick actions, or we can imprison them.

It is simply unfathomable, to me, how a man or woman can harm a child in such a way that child is scarred for life.

And if you don't see the fault in that, I'll have to ask you to seriously get help. I do not expect you to fully agree with me, but if you don't, please consider the children who are harmed every single day. Child predators are evil.

However, I don't believe that pedophiles who restrict their terrible urges , in their mind, no matter how sick they may be, should go to jail. They should just get help, or those activities may lead to jail. We need to attack the problem at its root to help our children, NOT discourage people who want to seek health by burdening them with stigma. Therapy can save a child's life.

Stick around for part two (: