23 - catch you later

Start from the beginning

"Just don't tell him where you are." He looks up at me. I sigh, "ok, thank Ty!" I thank him for the number. He shoots me a weak smile.

I begin to walk to the door and open it slowly while closing it behind me. I shake my head out of my thought. I'm just so scared for Mr. J..

It's like the fire I saw on the news is burned into my brain. I can't imagine him hurt. I don't want him hurt.

I make my way down the hall and towards the large silver elevator. I press the button and right away it opens.

"Oh hey." I notice josh who is just exiting out. "Hey Violet, where you going?" He questions calmly.

I look down at the paper Tyler handed me, "I'm gonna try to call the joker.." Josh raises his eyebrows, "-Tyler gave me his number so I just wanna try.. I just want to know he's fine." I explain.

He nods, "I understand." I look at his sleeve tattoos as he puts his hands in his pocket.

"Alright well I see you soon." I say entering the elevator. "Kk be careful." He smiles sounding genuine. He's so kind.

I press the button and watch him walk towards me and Tyler hotel room. The elevator door slides shut. I sigh.

I tap my foot looking at my shoes. I soon look at the ground and start to feel the elevator move.

I grab out the phone Tyler gave to me earlier, it's just a normal iPhone, it's a spare one he had on him. The joker still has mine which really does suck.

The elevator door finally opens and I quickly make my way out the hotel door. Immediately I feel a cold breeze.

"Fuck." I mumble to myself finding out its starting to rain. Okay I guess it's time to call.. I gotta be honest though, I just don't know what I'm gonna exactly say.

I start to dial the number from the paper. As I was just done typing the last number I pause. I look up and observe the area around the hotel.

I take a deep breath in a little scared. I Finally press the call button and the phone starts to ring.

I feel my heart begin to race a little faster. I don't know if he's gonna be mad or hurt or.. Even dead.. I just hope he answers but I'm still worried.

It's taking a long time for him to answer. I kick a rock starting to feel colder for being out here in the rain.

I huff losing patience. I tighten my fist so eager. I swear if he's hurt I'm not gonna ever forgive myself.

I start to hear some movement coming from the other end of the phone. I hear a low groan. "Who is this?" Someone answers.

I gulp, "Mr.J?" I ask.

"Speaking.." He replies. I recognize his husky voice. So it is joker. I instantly smile and almost squeal.

"Oh my gosh, Are you okay??" I just jump into questions. But there was a long pause with silence.

".. Violet? Is that.. Is that you?" He sounded sort of weak. I nod although he couldn't see me.

"yes!" I quickly say, "it is me." I add. I am starting to get wet from the rain but I don't care anymore.

I hear a faint chuckle through the phone. "So how's life going? Is your new boyfriend treating you well?!" I hear him ask sarcastically with a little anger.

"Look, joker.." I pause, "-I know you must be upset, but he's protecting me. If I were in that huge fight who knows I would be dead right now." I point out.

I knew he would be still mad. "Violet, that doesn't matter ok?! One of my men could have been your protector. But no you needed to have some cheap bastard to do that job." He spat with distaste.

I now furrow my eyebrows, "Are you serious right now!?" I answer. "-what matters now is that I'm safe! He helped me out of that house before I could've died. None of your 'men' were anywhere to be seen at that moment so that plan of yours to save me would've gone to shit." I said now getting a little mad.

I hear him groan with frustration, "You know what?" He replies. I tilt my head and put my hand to my hip. "What??" I answer.

"I'll catch you soon." He then hangs up the phone. I widen my eyes. What? Catch me soon?

Ugh, well that chat went swell. I put the phone back into my pocket and make my way into the hotel.

I mean what did I except from the call? I knew he'd been upset and definitely angry because the last time I saw his face he was literally giving me a death glare.

I know he wouldn't hurt me.. I mean I think. He cares about me, he wouldn't just do that. I begin to head to the elevator.

He hung up on me, I soon realized.. He said I'll catch you soon.. Something tells me this isn't a normal 'catch you soon'.. This is a literal 'catch you' soon.. I close my eyes and huff.. Fuck.
--------------------------------------------
* COMMENT AND VOTE *

IF WE GET THIS CHAPTER UP TO 25 votes in 24 hours I'll update chapter 24  TOMORROW !!

Happy weekend guys :)