3 - NYC

Violets POV
-
I'm here in New York. Just arrived and feeling fine. Now all I have to do is call up my friend Lindsey. It's been a while since I've seen her in person so I'm super excited to see her.

I stroll my suit case with me as I head outside of the airport. "Where is she?" I mumble.

"Pick up- pick up" I say to myself as I'm waiting for her to answer her phone.

"Hey Violet!" I hear her finally answer.
"Hey finally you picked up!" I say a bit relieved that she answered.

"I'm so sorry my phone was on silent!" She defends herself. I laugh "okay, well where are you??" I ask impatiently.

"Look behind you..." She says with a little squeal through the phone. My heart races and I quickly turn around. Is she behind me?

My smile turns into a frown, she is not there in fact nobody is. "Uh..... Why did you make me do that?" I say a bit annoyed.

She laughs so hard. "I'm just kidding with you, but I do see you!" She says being a little joker. I squint my eyes.

"This is not funny, where are you?!" I say trying to look around and find her. She laughs once more.

"I'm coming to you!" She says childly. I grin "hurry!" I hang up the phone and put it in my pocket.

Moments later I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and I smile happily to see my best friend.

"LINDSEY!!" I scream and hug her.
"VIOLET I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" She holds me tightly. Me and her were always best friends, I could never stay mad at her. Me and her always had a strong bond.

"I missed you too!" I say pulling back from the hug and grabbing my suitcase.  We begin to walk to her car.

She looks at me up and down. "Damn
girl you are looking hot! And wow did you change your hair?!" She asks leaving me to laugh.

"Oh gosh Lindsey, thank you and yes I dyed my hair!" I answer her and move a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Well it looks so good!" She compliments. "Aww thanks, you are looking great too!"

"Eh not so much me but thanks." She rolls her eyes. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Trust me Lin you're beautiful!!" I poke her cheeks as she eyes me acting hesitant. "Yeah yeah whatever!"

We get into the car and right away I could sense my life changing. I roll down my window and look outside. The  streets are filled with so many cars.

There is so many people out on the street it's unbelievable. A car behind us honks.

"What the?" I say confused. Lindsey laughs. "Ah you're such a noob, don't worry you get used to hearing a lot of honks around here in New York!"

"Is it really necessary tho?" I then chuckle in confusion. "Eh sometimes, but don't think too much about it!" She laughs as the traffic moves.

"So we don't live in the city right?" I ask just looking at all of the glowing buildings.

"Not exactly but I do live just right beside it, our apartment is more in a private area rather then so exposed." She answers making me feel much better because if I were to live in such a area where so many people will be around I don't know how I'd feel.

"Ohh okay." I nod. I turn my head to see a man screaming at a homeless person.

I soon see a cop car pull right to the side and step in and stop the fighting. Damn.

"Violet, what is that?" I hear Lindsey ask. I look away from the window and over at her and raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I say curiously. "That red mark on your cheek?" She points. I then grin and look down at my finger to see the ring I picked up.