8 - borderline happy

Violets POV
-
I couldn't believe I escaped, it was almost like tears of joy and tears with fear at the same time. All I knew is that I'm okay now.

Lindsey tries to clam me down while stroking my hair "shh..it okay, it's okay." I then take a deep breath and back away out of the hug.

I'm a strong girl, I just don't understand why I'm crying so much.. Maybe it's because I always bottle things up and I guess today I let it all out.

"Wanna tell me what's going on?!" She asks extremely worried for me. I take her hand and lead her to the couch.

Suddenly I hear the tea pot whistle making me flinch. I close my eyes.. I've weakened so much because of this whole situation this is not like me, maybe it's that drink he gave me in the club and there are some side effects.

Lindsey gives a small chuckle "wants some tea before you say anything?" She asks reminding me of today when I went through the drive thru with the joker.

I shake my head out of my thoughts "uh sure.." I say lowly. she nods "I'll be back in a sec!" She runs into the kitchen.

I look into my phone and unlock it. I decide to check my text messages to see what the joker supposedly sent. I go and click Lindsey's name.

I furrow my eyebrows instantly to see that there was no texts ever sent. I scratch my head curiously, was he lying..

Out of nowhere Lindsey has two mugs in her hands and she passes me one gently. She later grabs a fluffy blanket and lays it on both us.

"Talk to me violet." She notices me just blankly staring at the tea. I shoot my head up to look at her I clear my voice and swallow the lump in my throat. I begin to talk with a shaky voice.

"So.. You're gonna think this is crazy but I'm telling you that what I'm about to tell you is insane." I warn her as I watch the concern in her eyes.

"Okay go on!" She says eagerly wanting to know what the hell is going on. I sigh. "So you know the 'joker' you were taking about?.." I ask feeling a tingle in my stomach to the thought of him.

"Oh no, violet that does ring a bell you said he talked to you! What did he hurt you?!" She asks jumping into conclusions getting shaken up. I shake my head.

"He didn't hurt me.. Well I guess he kinda did, but just listen!" I tell her about to explain.

She nods, "alright so that night when you left to go talk to the Bartender when we were dancing on floor, he came up to me again!" I explain trying to think back to that blurry night.

"Right as I left?" She asks sad, I can tell she was feeling guilt of some kind. I nodded.

"- and he asked me to follow him in the VIP back room and I did which was stupid, and he gave me this drink forcing me to drink it basically..." I huff think of how dumb I was to drink it.

"And you drank it?" She asks furrowing her eyebrows and taking a quick sip of her warm tea. I breath in deeply.

I nod in shame. "I know it was stupid, but I was drunk." She sighs and I continue.

"- and before I knew it I realized the drink was laced with some drug to make me go weak." I feel my eyes go watery starting to blur my vision.

"He then kidnapped me with his crew helpers and I was nothing but hopeless.." I finished leaving Lindsey to drop her jaw and sit up Straight.

"Did they hurt you?" She asks gently with apologetic eyes. I get flashbacks to getting slapped by the joker and getting thrown in my room.

"Kinda.. But I wasn't beaten up." I explained putting on a brave face not wanting to go in details. She nods in thoughts.