1 - New start

Violet's POV
-
I ran my fingers through my soft brown hair as I watched my favourite tv show 'stranger things'. I never been so obsessed with a tv show in my life.

I hear foot steps behind me slowly approach towards me.

"Hi.." I turn around immediately to see my roommate. She looked a bit scared and shy, she has been scared of me since the first day we met. It was kinda funny actually to see her face with terror.

I smirk at my thoughts and turn my head back at the tv. "Hi." I say back with no expression in my voice.

"Did you t-take my phone charger?" She stutters with a shaky voice . . I couldn't help but smirk more.

I turn my head back around. "Ya it's on the kitchen counter." I say truthfully with a little annoyance because if she just looked she wouldn't have to bother me.

"Oh uh thanks." She quickly says then speed walks away towards the kitchen. I roll my eyes and rest my feet on the coffee table.

*RING RING* I hear my phone go off.

"Hello?" I pick up my phone.
"Heyy, it's Lindsey" I hear my best friend speak. I open my eyes and move a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Long time no speak.. what's up?" I say a little upset because she never speaks to me as much anymore.

"Yeah no kidding, I wanted to talk you about something." She answers calmingly.

I raise my eyebrows. "Ok.. What is it?" I ask curiously. Suddenly I hear the front door slam behind me and I turn my head towards the sound. My roommate just left I guess.

"Well.. This is something serious I want to ask you so are you ready?" She then chuckles. I nod and give a small laugh.

"Yes I am! What's up?!" I ask again eagerly. Now she is making me more questionable..

"Okay so I was wondering.. If maybe.. You would like to move in with me..?" She says with a lot of pauses very hesitant to finish her sentence.

I laugh. "Wait what?!" I say grinning. Move? She lightly laughs.

"I'm serious about this. Do you wanna move in with me? I know that this is pretty huge considering I live in New York." She finishes her sentence making my smile fade.

"Oh. Wow. Yeah this is pretty big.. I mean when? I'm not sure.." I say to caught up with my thoughts not sure.

"You don't need to decide right away! It's just I need somebody to live with so when I'm on my job vacation for 5 months I'm gonna need somebody to watch my apartment." She says making this moving situation more convincing.

I never been to New York. I never really thought of myself living in such a city. This will need time for some thought.

I start to tap my foot. "Um.. How about I get back to you on this. I need to think about this!" I say standing up and head to my kitchen fridge.

"Oh yeah, definitely. Take your time!" She says sounding pretty fine. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and walk away.

"Okay thank you, I'll call you maybe later tonight!" I say with a small genuine smile on my face.

"Alrighty, talk to you later then." She replies. "Bye." I add.