Chapter Thirteen

Thalia

"Trystan please can we talk?" I ask softly. It's officially day two of science camp, and after some thought of what Ava told me last night I've decided it's best to talk to both boys.. I'll start with Trystan because he's at least not ignoring me.

"Sure," he says slightly stiffly, not making eye contact. He gets up from the breakfast table and I spot Cameron glaring at us from a table he shares with Storm.

We walk outside and a short distance from the dining hall before I stop and he does to, his hands in his pockets awkwardly.

"Please can you look at me?" I say softly.

"What do you want Thalia?" He suddenly growls and I start, startled by his sudden anger.

"I want to apologize.." I say, suddenly unsure of exactly want to say.

"For?" He says, his voice still hanging with annoyance.

"For getting between you and Cameron.. I'm sorry I can't see either of you as more then a friend, I really am sorry! My heart is in another place right now, and I'm sorry I can't change that.. the last thing I want is to hurt you or Cameron... you're both such sweet, smart and good looking guys! And you deserve better then this, but please stop fighting.. I can't take being the reason you guys aren't talking.." I say, feeling close to tears. There's a pause and I'm not sure what to expect. Eventually he sighs, and I can hear his sigh holds no more anger or annoyance.

"I know.. it's stupid to be upset at you, so I guess I'm not any more.. I can't force you to like me, neither can Cam.. and you're also right about me and him fighting.. I guess I'm just mad because I thought you said yes to him." He says finally looking up at me and I feel suddenly relieved. I hug him and after he gets over my surprise attack he hugs me back.

"So you'll talk to Cam?" I say, my voice muffled into his shirt.

"Yeah.. yeah I'll talk to him," he says sighing. We walk back into the breakfast hall and I feel a lot of eyes on us, including Ava's. I glance at her and she gives me a cocked curious look. I smile back reassuringly, letting her know everything's okay. I feel happiness in my chest knowing that things between us are perfectly fine. If not better then fine.

Next to me Trystan takes a deep breath before walking over to Cameron's table. I nervously go back to mine and take my seat across from Cade, ignoring my cooling breakfast and keeping my eyes on the Trystan and Cameron.

"What's going on?" Cade says turning around to look at the table a couple meters away. Elsa, who's sitting next to him, also turns to see that fuss.

"I spoke to Trystan," I say.

"And you've managed to get him to go apologize to Cameron?" Elsa says over her shoulder, guessing the situation.

"Something like that," I respond. I watch as Trystan clears his throats and Cameron looks up, a glare on his face. Trystan says something and Cam snaps back, I feel my heart sink. Trystan says something again and Cameron seems to pause and consider. Trystan continues and Cameron looks over at me. I look down quickly, not able to keep eye contact.

"Well shit!" Cade says happily, and I look up and see Trystan and Cameron man-hugging it out. I smile widely but suddenly feel a bit nervous as Cameron comes over with Trystan.

"Thalia?" He says, and I hint shame in his tone. I look up nervously into his equal nervous eyes.

"I think I owe you an apology.. Trys told me what you said to him.. I'm sorry for ignoring you.. it was pretty childish.." he continues. I smile and get up and hug him. Just like Trystan, he's surprised at first but hugs me back.

"I'm sorry too.. but apology accepted," I say stepping back.

Storm and Cam join us again and everything turns to normal. Regrettably there's still some awkwardness in the air but like Ava said, that will fade.

The morning passes by, and I take a hike with Elsa and Storm. It's surprising how well Elsa and Storm get along, considering how different the two are. Storm covered in piercings and tattoos, Elsa to innocent to ever go further then getting her lobes pierced. They dress in the opposite types of fashion, listen to the opposite types of music and have completely different hobbies. Yet when the two get talking it seems impossible to get them to stop. After a while I stop listening to their conversation and fall a couple of passes behind them. I observe the dark browns and greens of the thick pine forest around me. The damp moss covered boulders, pretty wild flowers which I can't help but imagine plucking and tucking behind the ear and in the soft dark hair of Miss Hunter. My thoughts move to Ava, and I wonder about some of her flirtatious moments that happened yesterday. I also think of the times I kept catching her looking at me. I smile. I have to admit I like it, even though it confuses me. I like knowing she still likes me and can't help it. But it confuses me because we've made it clear we could never happen.

The rest of the day goes by smoothly, and before I know it, it's morning again and we're heading back to the bus with all our bags. I have to say it was a fun camp, I definitely enjoyed it. But I am happy to be heading home. Elsa and storm sit together, and the 3 boys seem to be goofing around so I slip quietly to the front of the bus, hoping to sit with Ava. Sure enough when the teachers have done their register and head count and head on the bus to join us, Ava sees me and smiles.

"Hello Thalia," she said taking a seat next to me.

"Good morning Miss Hunter," I reply.

"Did you enjoy the camp?" She asks.

"I did," I say honestly, "did you?"

"I did," she smiles, looking at me with those dark sexy eyes. My heart skips a beat and I try not to tremble.

"So did you sort out your boy troubles ?" She asks as the bus starts moving. We haven't had a chance to talk since the night on the bunk beds.

"Yes, I spoke to Trystan and he spoke to Cameron and Cameron apologized to me," I say answer.

"Good." She nods smiling. My eyes rest on her delicate hands and I find my own itching to hold hers. I bite my lip and tear my eyes away and stare out the window. I wonder if I'll ever manage to get over Ava.