Chapter Two

&AUTHORS NOTE$
Hey guys, as you will notice with each chapter I add a picture of what I imagine a character should look like. Anyways I hope you're enjoying the story, don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks xx

AVA

I wake early as usual, and dress in a black skirt and white blouse with black heels. I do my make up but not to much, I don't want to brag but I have great skin. I look after it very well so I should be proud, and it also means I don't need that much foundation or base. Just eye make up and maybe some lip gloss.

I packed whatever I needed for today the night before so I just grab some breakfast and head out the door to my apartment.

I pick up my registers for the day as head to my first class which is a class for grade 11s, I have three classes of grade 11s, and 2 classes for grade 10 advanced chemistry and then 2 classes for grade 12 chemistry. I keep in mind that I have to be strict. I know I'm a young women with curves and a sexually attractive appearance so most I not all male students might try some things. So I remain strict with all my classes and put the boys in place. My classes all seem respectable and decent enough, and not to much trouble to handle. No problems so far. My second last class is a class with grade 12s, but it's after one of my free periods. Having nothing better to do I head to the classroom anyway, planning on maybe working on a research project I've been helping an ex colleague on. When I enter I notice the couple making out but I just shake my head and smile and walk past, I know what it's like to be a teenager. I walk past a girl quietly sketching and I pause just behind her as I catch a look at the art work she's working on.  It's an amazingly done drawing of a dolphin swimming around a tunnel of light. Every thing about it is incredible, and that combined with my love for art causes me to comment. She seems to be startled and I realize that it's because she didn't hear me coming. I notice she stares at me but I don't mind. Her eyes are this amazing deep twisting light grey, and her skin is slightly tonned and covered in freckles, and her jaw line is sharp and her cheek bones defined, her glasses suit her cutely and her dark hair was tided up in a lose bun. She thanks me for the compliment and I move forward. But soon she distracts me again, and I perch in the edge of her desk. She's really very striking and pretty, hard to not look at. She has a different sort of attractiveness. Her style is simple as well, you can tell she isn't striving to impress anyone, but she cares enough to look after herself.. For some odd reason I think that I may step back on my promise to never having favorites. We start talking and I notice a lot. She's definitely curious about me too, and I can't stop but wanting to know more about her. My work can wait. And it's not like I am breaking any rules. Teachers are allowed to talk to students. I've never met someone so similar to what I need in a person. She listens to me talk like someone my own age would, she sometimes rambles on but I find it adorable, she talks like an adult, not boasting about her parents positions in the world, not talking about herself like she's the only one out there. And I do notice her checking me out.. I'm at least 78% sure..

During class I only get more impressed as I realize how good Thalia (did I mention before what a unique and sexy name that is? That's at least how I feel..) is at chemistry and how smart she is, although it was a little mean of her to joke around with Isabella like that.. And it was mean of me to ask Thalia to be my TA right after Isabella asked.

The next day was boring and I only saw the interesting student Thalia once, and she was hanging out with 3 guys, one who I recognized as Cade from the class on Monday and one who I recognized as a boy from my grade 11 class names Trystan. I note how Thalia is wearing slightly tighter clothes today that hug her figure.. And my god what a figure. I continue to walk past and out of the corner of my eye I see her turn sharply and stare and me go down the passage way. I smile slyly.

Soon I'm caught up in teaching grade 10 students about ionic and covalent bounds and teaching grade 11s how o balance equations. At least I can remember half the students names and faces.

"Good afternoon Ava," a women's voice that I recognize as Miss Kings voice greats as I stir a cup of coffee in the teachers lounge.

"Good afternoon Paula," I great back, smiling. Paula is a sweet women in her mid thirties who takes English for the seniors, she's always in a good mood and a very sweet and caring lady. I assume she's the teacher all the girls go to when they have problems.

"How you finding the school so far?" She asks and starts to prepare a cup of tea.

"Not as difficult as I thought it would be," I say honestly.

"Give it some time," she teases, and I chuckle.

"Do you mind if I ask a favor?"she asks as we sit down in twin arm chairs facing across a coffee table.

"Of course not," I reply.

"I run a debating club, and the old maths teacher who left last year who used to run it with me obviously can't do it any more but I can't manage running the club all by myself. If you're interested, would you like to run it with me?" She offers. I deeply in joy debates and I can get very deep into arguments so I accept and agree with a smile.

The rest of Tuesday goes by uneventfully, ending with me video chatting with my dad and my youngest sister,Luce.

Wednesday was interesting again however. I had the Grade 12 class with Thalia in it, and I think I might just have a small crush on my student. Which both bothers me and doesn't phase me. It bothers me because she's at least 8 years younger, plus my student and I've only known her what, three days? But I'm not phased because I won't tell anyone about it and no one will figure it out, and it's not like I'd ever act on it, also because I've only known her three days and I'm sure as soon as I get to know her I'll lose interest. I just think she's cute and attractive and smart and mature. Besides, is probably one of those crushes that fades in a couple of weeks. We don't talk one on one although, because she arrives just as the class starts and leaves as it ends, giving me a shy fleeting smile when she enters and leaves, and I return it. Today she wore this grey button up shirt that made her eyes pop out very brightly grey.

Thursday is a long day, and I hardly have any frees and I have to deal with all 3 grade 10 classes , and they're the loudest groups with the brattiest girls. By the end of the day I was really looking forward to the weekend and already planning on going out with my best friends Emma and Kayla.

"Hey my sheep," I say as soon as Emma picks up the phone as I scramble for my apartment keys in my bag.

"Hey Pumpkin," she answers back. She got the nickname Sheep or Sheepie and I got the nickname pumpkin when we first became friends in forth grade, she had been wearing this fluffy white jumper her gran knitted for her and I had called her a sheep and as a response she said I was so orange I looked like a pumpkin, which had been true because as a prank my brother had though it would be funny to swap my body cream with my cousins self tanner and I literally looked like a basketball for a week. Ever since that day we had been friends for whatever reason, and the nicknames stuck.

"How are you?" I ask, sticking the keys in the lock and opening the door.

"Well as you know I was a bit sick but I'm all better now,"she says, and her voice does sound less like a frogs.

"I can hear, and that's perfect because I want to go out this Friday," i say putting my stuff on the counter and kicking off my heels.

"Awesome," she agrees,"how's the new job?"

"Not to bad, just some kids can be a mission," I say signing and sticking one hand under my top to undo my bra.

"You're crazy.. Id never want to try educate teenagers. Not after being a teenager and knowing how they think," she says.

"They're not some foreign being," I chuckle and she laughs. After chatting with Emma for a while longer, I call Kayla and tell her of our plans and then force myself to shower and eat a salad before collapsing into bed.