Chapter Four

AVA

After seeing my ex, Cara, so happy with the girl she cheated on me with I lost it. Cara had been my girlfriend for 3 years, and she'd even proposed and we had been engaged. Then I caught her cheating by seeing very flirtatious messages on her phone which she has asked me to pass to her one night. I hadn't been snooping I'd seen it accidentally. Then when I asked her about it she lied but the following day she sat me down and told me about how she had this bicurious co worker and the one day they got drunk and she had offered to be the girl the other one experimented with and well they ended up fucking. I had got up and left and ruturned the next week for my stuff without a word. I remember cara calling me and sending me emails and messages non stop and eventually flying over to my dads house where I had been camping out and trying to talk to me. She gave up after a month but I saw on face book that she had already gotten into a relationship with another girl. I never bothered to find out her name. Now, 8 months later and I run into her. It had completely ruined my night, especially when cara had spotted me and kissed her girlfriend to piss me off. I had stormed out and run straight into Thalia, the very last person I expected to see. I hadn't been phased about the fact she is underage and she had obviously been drinking, I just earned her about not letting me tech her again. She had brightened my night though.. I just feel so comfortable, as if there's a connection. Kayla and Emma had stayed over at my apartment that night and our clubbing night turned into a girls night with us staying up the entire time watching Vampire Diaries, Suits and The Good Wife and drinking wine. By the time Monday arrived I was actually looking forward to teaching. I'm sure however that that excitement will die by the end of this second week.

"Can anyone give me the definition of the term of what an Aryl Group is?" I ask. As always when I ask a question, Isabella has her hand up in the air instantly.

"Anyone besides Isabella? Sorry honey but I need to see if anyone else in this class knows what's going on," I ask, smiling apologetically at Isabella. As I expected, Thalia's hand goes up in the air.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Well that's not fair, Thalia answers as much as I do!" Isabella complains, glowing as Isabella in the front row.

"It's impossible to answer as much as you do," Cade Scoffs.

"Cut it," I say sharply, cutting off the potential argument.

"It's a group of Atoms remaining after a hydrogen atom is removed from the aromatic system," Thalia continues as if Isabella hadn't said anything.

"Correct!" I congratulate, while thinking damn how does this girl remember and know so much..

"In the context of organic molecules, Aryl is.." I continue teaching, while turning to the bored and picking up a marker to start drawing a diagram.
After the class is done and the students file out, I start to neaten up my stuff, because I can't work in a messy environment. The students all leave and head down the hall to their next classes, but I however have a free so I stay behind to mark some grade 10 quizzes I gave them.

"Someone's a little OCD," the voice I can now recognize as Thalia's without having to look says.
"Wouldn't say 'a little',"I say, looking up to see her standing at my desk smirking down at me. She obviously finds my obsessive need to have everything tidy amusing. She looks good today, with dark blue high waist jeans, a red and white checked button up top rolled up to her elbows and tucked into her shirt loosely and she's wearing her dark hair in a tight high pony, making her face seem striking almost, her jaw line defined and her cheek bones show more, causing her appearance to seem more sharp.

"Don't you dare," I warn as she glances down at my desk, looking for something to move to annoy me. I know the mischievous look that people get all to well.