Chapter One

&AUTHORS NOTE$
I'm kind of new to wattpad and this is my first story. There may be times when I post often/a lot, and then other times when I hardly post, and this is because I'm a student who's studying and trying to graduate with distinctions, but I'll try post at least once a week.
Don't hesitate to drop a comment about what you think and if you like this story, and if you don't then feel free to give some tips on how I can improve my writing.
Thank you and enjoy ! Xx

THALIA

I keep a steady pace, focusing on one foot at a time. Sweat drips down the back of my neck and drops from my hair, running down my face, and I breath with my mouth open, panting. Continuously I push the speed up button and push my body until I'm sprinting full out. As soon as it reads 5 miles done on the treadmill I set a hand on either side of the treadmill and lift myself off and place a foot on either side off the moving strip and hunch over with my hands on my knees, breathing rapidly and deeply to recover oxygen. Go hard or go home, as my grandpa always tells me. One of his most commonly used quotes.

I take a swig of cool water and wipe my face with a towel and head to the shower. I like this house, with its own gym. I've been working out every day since I got here a month ago and I can really feel it and see some results. What can I say, I love my adrenalin.

I dress in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a Star Wars hoodie and a pair of black all stars, along with simple eye liner and a small amount of mascara. The only times I will wear a full face of makeup is for weddings, funerals and if my parents have large fancy dinners for work that I get forced to attend. Plus It's a new school, I don't want to be noticed that much or get people calling me a cake face. I run a brush through my naturally dark long wavy hair and tie it up in a messy bun and slip on my glasses. I'm not blind so to say, but they help me see more clearly.

I grab some fruit, my book bag, my glasses for class and my bike keys. I have a car but I prefer using my bike because it's quicker, no traffic.
The drive to school is easy and I find a parking spot quickly even though the parking is full and the entrance to the high school is packet with noisy students heading inside.

At the reception I receive my timetable and check it. Maths with Mr Matthews first period, then a free followed by a double sociology class with Mr Jakob's and then another free before I have chemistry theory with Ms Hunter, and I finish at 1. Not such a bad day.

In maths the teacher revises what we did last year and explains what we will be covering this term, and I pretend to pay attention while doodling in the corner of my note pad. After maths I check the map of the school that they gave me on orientation day last week and make my way to the coffee shop.

"Hi dear, how may I help you?" The lady at the counter asks smiling sweetly.

"Hello Sally," I say smiling and glancing at her name tag to read her name,"can I please have a latte?"

"Sure honey, that'll be $2," she says and I hand her the notes and wait for my coffee.

"You know," a voice says and I turn to my left and see a rather charming guy leaning on the counter next to me,"studies show that coffee is very bad for you." I turn and lean on the counter to mimic his pose. I tilt my head slightly.

"And studies show that I don't care," I say with a cocky smirk, tilting my head.

"As you shouldn't," he says grinning and ordering a latte. I take my coffee and head over to the nearest table and take a seat, both not caring and not wondering if the guy will follow and join me.

"So, what might your name be Miss Star Wars?" The guy from before says as he slides into the seat opposite me.

"Who wants to know?" I ask.