Chapter Six

AVA

The next two weeks go by slowly, and the only good parts are when Thalia is in my presence. It doesn't matter if she's in my class, or if it's in debating club after school on Tuesdays, or sitting working with me or flirting with me in her practicals or after classes when it's just us. I realize it would be strange to anyone else if they knew a student and a teacher were hanging out acting like close friends or two people vibing with each other. In the first two weeks I wasn't sure whether or not she was flirting with me, but after these last two weeks I've come to the conclusion she is flirting with me, but I'm still not sure if it's because she has a crush on me or because she's just doing it for fun. The more likely option is that she's doing it for fun, I mean I'm literally a decade older then her, and sure I know I look good, not even just for my age, but still that's quite a bit old for a teenager..
And not to mention her friends. Not that I am attracted to them, I can just see that they're attractive. Although I have seen that her closest friend out of the group, Cade, is dating her pretty female friend Elsa. But the Cameron kid who is also in our debating club is hellishly good looking. And that boy Trystan is also very cute. Don't think this way Ava, you're being absurd. Take control of yourself woman, I scold myself the same thing I've been scolding myself for the past 3 hours. Without meaning to I checked my phone to see the time. Still an hour away from Thalia's class. I take a deep breath. One more hour, you can do this.

Thalia was sitting at her usual desk when I returned from my coffee break, and I smiled automatically as soon as I spotted her. She's got earphones in and she's hunched over, sketching something. Knowing i shouldn't, I still creep up on her to give her a fright but just as I'm about  scare her I get a glimpse of the piece of art work she's doing now, and I frowned and looked over her shoulder and my mouth drops open and my breath catches in my throat. It's a sketch of me, looking down and writing at my desk, a few strands of hair falling across my face. It's so detailed I would never have guessed a non professional would've drawn it. I step back, still in shock. She's drawing me.. I'm not creeped out, at all. I'm not sure what to think.. Is she drawing me because she doesn't have anything else to draw? Or as a friendly gesture? Or is she drawing me because she's attracted to me..? Does.. She like me?? I quickly fish my phone out my pocket and pretending to be texting and walk straight past her, pretending I didn't see the sketch. I don't want her to be embarrassed, plus I had no right to look. If she wants to show me she will.

Sure enough when I sit down and look up at her she's packing away her drawing hurriedly. Meaning she didn't want me to see it. I smile at her and she beams back at me, and for the first time I see she has small little smile dimples if she doesn't smile with teeth.

"Good afternoon Thalia," I say as she takes out her earbuds and pauses her music.

"Afternoon Miss," she replies,"how was your weekend?"

"Pleasant enough, and yours?" I ask.

"Uneventful," she says,"do you need help after class today?"

"Actually yes," I say, which was true. I had brought chemistry posters and things to hang around the class as to make it a little less boring.

"Okay," she says smiling a smile that tweaks at the corners of her eyes, a sparkle of excitement glimmering in them.

"Thalia if you fall and die I will kill you," I threaten Thalia, who is climbing onto a desk so she can hang a 3D atom model. It's after class and she's helping me decorate my classroom.

"Yes because that makes so much sense," she says, standing up.

"I'm serious, don't fall," I say.

"I won't, Ava calm down," she chuckles and ties a string around one of the ceiling boards and ties the other end on the atom structure.

"I wouldn't want to take my beautiful face away from the world," she says with a wink, hopping down.