Chapter Seven

THALIA

A rage of emotions rushes through me as I flatten myself against the door of the bathroom stall. I'm happy because she let me kiss her, and that she even kissed me back.. And I'm confused because out of no where she broke away.. And I'm also hurt at how she told me to leave.. I didn't do anything wrong, right? Of course you did something wrong Thalia, you idiot. You kissed your teacher!! You put her job and career at risk, she could go to jail..

I groan and slide down the door until I'm sitting on the floor with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs. I rest my forehead on my knees and shut my eyes. I notice how my lips still tingly..

I had taken a massive risk, confronting her about our near kiss on Monday. For all I know, that could've all actually been in my head. But I was right, in fact she was flustered when I came at her all confident.

I'd never felt something so powerful before when kissing someone. Never had a kiss made me feel so free. I feel a tug inside me, a craving. I realize I crave her soft lips, her taste of strawberries, her delicate hands trailing over me. Great, kissing her made your feelings stronger. Now her lessons are both going to be awkward and torture. You really know how to fuck up don't you?

After several minutes of mentally cursing myself for my actions I push myself up and open the bathroom stall door and head out to the parking. I need a joint.

I call up Cade, telling him I need to talk to him and he needs to bring a joint and he agrees, telling me he'll meet me at my place in an hour.

"You're fucking saying you kiSSED A FUCKING TEACHER?!?!" Cade exclaims for the third time, still trying to process the information.

"MmHhmm," I confirm for the third time too, as I take a pull from the j.

"Oh my god... You're a legend.. You're my hero Thalia, and it's not just any teacher it's fucking miss fucking Hunter!!! Theee hottest teacher there is!!" He says, looking at me with admiration, like I just cured AIDS. I roll my eyes and let out the cloud of smoke I'd been keeping in.

"It's not a good thing Cade, I actually like her and now how am I going to be able to sit in her class without feeling awkward? Never mind ever talking to her again.." I say, exhaust from over thinking this and I pass him the joint.

"But she kissed you back right??" He says, taking a hit himself.

"Yeah," I say, collapsing onto one of the outside couches.

"Well then it must mean that the feelings go both ways, why else would she kiss you back? And like you said that she came close to kissing you on Monday but managed to pull back, she must have something for you.." He evaluates in a tight voice from keeping the smoke in his lungs, which he lets out as soon as he finished talking and hands the joint back to me.

"Okay let's say, hypothetically, that she does, there's nothing we can do about it Cade. For starters, it's against the law and she could get fired and sent to jail. It would ruin her life, her reputation and her career. Then there's the fact that I'm like eight years younger then her." I say bitterly at the situation.

"Age is but a number, thay. Don't focus on that." He says, ignoring the first part of my reasons on why me and Ava could never work.

"And the whole 'against the law' part?" I ask again.

"Yeah.. That part fucking sucks ass.." He says, looking at me sadly.

"Whatever I'm starting to feel high as shit, let's go make food and play Call of Duty." I say pushing myself up from the couch and he does the same.