Chapter Nine

THALIA

The week following me and Ava's (or as I should be calling her, Miss Hunter) kiss consisted of me avoiding her as much as possible. I was quite in all her classes, I didn't raise a hand to answer a question and let Isabella do all the work on looking like the next top know-it-all. I also sat at the back and timed myself in such a way that I entered her class at the last minute, instead of being early to spend a little more time with her like I had done in the past. I kept my head down, but that didn't stop me from unintentionally glancing and staring at her.

I expected her to ignore me completely, but several times I caught her staring at me, sometimes with a curious or searching look, sometimes a distant or confused look.

However, it wasn't just the torture of seeing her in classes that I was having to bare, I dreamt about her often, waking up frustrated in both a sexual way and a frustration at the whole situation.

Through the whole week, Storm started hanging out more with Trystan, Cameron, Cade, Elsa and I, which was cool. But I also noticed she seemed to be nicer to me, and because I'm not an idiot I placed that as a note that she might be interested in me and flirting, although I won't assume anything just yet.

By the time the week ended, and I was chilling with Cade on his couch on Friday afternoon, I decided I was more stressed out then I'd been in a while. I mean, how on earth am I to survive the rest of this year? Ava is my chemistry teacher and I have her three times a week, plus debating on Tuesdays. I can't even go ten minutes in one of her classes without getting distracted by her gorgeous lips, or curves, or by getting mesmerized by her amazing eyes and sexy voice. And I can't go a class without day dreaming something wildly inappropriate.

"This whole situation is bullshit," I burst out to Cade, standing up and beginning to pace up and down in front of his tv screen while he sits and plays Fifa, "this isn't supposed to happen in real life! Teachers aren't supposed to be so young and so god damn fucking sexy and hot. That happens in porn movies. And what are the chances of her being gay?? She's so beautiful!! I mean I'm not saying beautiful girls can't be gay but that's besides the point!"

"Mmhmm," Cade hums, his eyes glued to the screen and his thumbs battling across the controls as he swerves left and right in order to see the screen, depending which direction I'm pacing in.

"And I mean, what was I thinking?? Kissing a teacher!! What came over me? Why did I do something so stupid!!" I snap mostly at myself. I haven't been able to stop thinking and mentally beating myself up since our kiss.

"Yo Thay," Cade says, pausing his game and turning to me. He's heard me complain about this a bunch of times, but he's so patient, "you need to stop stressing. It's not like Miss Hunter can or will do anything, she's the one who will get in trouble. Plus she kissed you back, like even if you do stop being such a pussy and go apologize or whatever to her, she has some apologizing to do herself. She should've stopped the kiss immediately, or not let it happen in the first place. It takes two to tango." He finishes, pretty much making a clear voice of the thoughts swirling in my head, and he picks up his control again.

I collapse onto the couch next to him and sigh heavily. Next to me, my phone vibrates and I pick it up to see a text from Storm.

Heyyy ;), I was wondering if you're doing anything tomorrow night? If not, maybe you can join me in watching a movie?

I frown slightly and bite my lip. She is definitely flirting, and was this a date? I don't want to reject her, but I don't exactly want to say yes either..