Chapter Five

THALIA

"Hey Pops," I say when I answer my grandpa's Skype call on Tuesday afternoon.

"Hey my little bear, how are you doing??" He asks. He calls me bear as a nickname because when I was small I had a baby grow or a onesie (whatever you call it) that was a bear, and I insisted on wearing it ALL THE TIME.

"I'm great pops, how are you?" I ask. I miss my grandparents so much, and my sister.

"I'm just grand, how's school?"

"It's not bad, like the teachers and the classes, and I've made some pretty cool friends."

"Ahh that's wonderful, any new boyfriends or girlfriends?" He says playfully. He knows I don't date, but he always asks anyways.

"No pops," I say laughing.

"Just checking,"he says,"should I call you grandmother and Ella?"

"Yes please I'd like to see them too," I answer.

"Georgina! Ella!" He yells over his shoulder.

"They'll be here in a few, in the meantime, how's the house?"

"It's great, I love it. The gym is super useful and the kitchen is amazing."

"Good, your grandma and I are thinking about sending Ella over for a week or two in a couple months, we're just letting her get used to life here and living with us."He says and excitement bubbles in me at the thought of having my sister here 24/7, even if it's just for a week or two. Along with excitement is annoyance at my parents for just having me and her and spending our first 3 to 4 years with us and then just shipping us off and only seeing us once every 2 to 3 months. What kid deserves that? I have gotten used to it but Ella is just 5, and she spent more time with my parents then I did, so she built a closer and stronger bond with them. At least I'd been younger so it was easier for me to adjust.

"How is she doing anyways?" I voice my thoughts.

"She was excited the first week and then for three weeks after that she was missing you mom and dad very much and crying a lot and begging to see them. But this past month has been a lot better, she's a lot like you just a little more chattier and smilier." He says and I smile at his last sentence. I was a bit of a serious kid, and I still am. Except when I'm with people I trust, like Cade and the other guys. Or when I'm with someone I like. Like Ava. Really Thalia really? You can't even go 5 whole minutes without thinking about that women..

"Thay Thay!" I hear the excited little voice of my sister, and see the top of her head pop up on the screen with her wide blue eyes and blonde curly hair. She got my mothers looks, I got my fathers. It's strange because I look nothing like my mother but it's completely obvious I'm my fathers daughter, and Ella looks nothing like my father but she's pretty much a replica of my mother.

"Hello Ella," I laugh, and my grandad picks her up and places her in his knee so she can see and I can see her whole face.

"Hey grandma," I also great my grandmother who's head pops up behind my grandpas shoulder. I talk to my family for another half an hour before I have to go write an English essay and Ella has to go to bed.
After my homework and dinner I check the time and work out its still early enough in Paris for my parents to be awake. They might be to busy working to pick up the phone for me but it's worth a shot. I haven't spoken to them in a while and concidering I had checked up with my grandparents I might as well do the same with my own parents.

"Hello?" My mother answers the phone after 5 or 6 rings. Surprising.

"Hey mom is me," I say.

"Thalia! My child how are you?" She says and I feel slightly special because her tone actually sounds interested and happy to hear from me, instead of distracted with other things and tired.