Chapter Twelve

&AUTHORS NOTE&
Hey guys, sorry to bother you. I would like to apologize for not updating in a while... things have been tough. I got such a beautiful personal direct message from a very sweet girl named Emily and if you're reading this I would like to tell you it made my week when I read it and I'm sorry I didn't respond to you in person! My wattpad is giving me trouble, but thank you so much. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please don't forget to vote/give my story a like if you like it and feel free to comment !

AVA

I find myself staring at how simply beautiful Thalia is. Her hair is in a messy bun, and a few strands hang down into her face. I feel myself itching to brush them behind her ear. Her face is clear of makeup but that doesn't really make a difference to how she normally looks, I've noticed she doesn't wear a lot of make up. She's a morning person, I can tell. All the other teenagers have blankets rapped around them and have half closed eyes and exhausted expressions as they shuffle around the place. She however is smiling peacefully, her little smile dimples showing adorably in her cheeks. Her eyes are awake and sparkly. A few times her eyes catch mine and we hold each other's gaze for a few seconds before she smiles shyly and looks away. I feel butterflies erupt in my chest and my heart skip a beat. An over whelming feel of happiness and relief that me and her aren't awkward or on bad terms any more rushes over me and I smile while staring at her.

"Hello? Miss Hunter?" I hear Mr Ballard saying, calling me back to reality. I feel myself going hot at being Caught day dreaming. I turn to look at him.

"Sorry?" I say blushing as the two camp counselors and him staring at me.

"Is everything alright?" He asks hesitantly.

"Yes of course, this is just a very beautiful location," I smiling charmingly. I notice the male counselor staring at my chest area and inwardly roll my eyes. Men.

"Did you say something?" I question.

"Oh we were just talking about how today is going to go. Dr Wilber here is going to take a biology group to a biology lab to dissect a cows heart with Mr Smit," he says gesturing to the biology teacher that came with and the female camp counselor who is apparently a doctor. I nod.

"And a group of physics students will come with me and Dr Hoffman to the physics lab for some wave experiments using their wave pool and other equipment," he then goes on gesturing to himself and the male camp counselor.

"And myself?" I ask.

"You will take a group of chemistry students to the chemistry lab with Dr Collins, where you will be working with hydrochloric acid and liquid nitrogen to conduct the experiments we spoke about in our meeting," he says and I nod, praying that Thalia is in my group.

"And what are the plans for this afternoon?" I ask.

"After lunch the biology group will have a short lecture on cancer treatment and how it works and the side effects, and the physics group will have a short  1 and a half hour lecture on quantum physics. After that the students are free to ask the doctors and professors questions or to have a swim or go hiking for the rest of the day," he says.

"And the chemistry group?" I ask.

"Oh yes your group will move over to the physics lab and do the experiments that the earlier physics group did," he says, "and then tomorrow your group gets the whole morning off." I nod at the set out of today and look up as Dr Collins, an elderly humorous gentleman, joins the table and introduces himself to all of us. While the rest of the doctors and teachers talk I find myself drifting back to staring at Thalia, who seems to be arguing with Trystan about something. Her group starts laughing and I feel my heart beat faster at the sight of her breath taking smile. She turns her head and catches me looking at her for the 100th time. I blush and look down, and I blush more when she continues to stare at me for several long moments before I feel her gaze leave me.