Chapter 30

"Are you sure you can do this?" Jeremy asks and I nod my head and clasp the necklace around my neck, the final touch.

"You look beautiful." He stands in the mirror behind me and I blush and smile and turn around to face him.

"And you look alright." I joke and he laughs and kisses me. He grabs my hands and rubs my knuckles softly before looking into my eyes.

"I love you so much Rebecca." He holds my hand tighter.

"You really don't want me to go do you?" I ask and he sighs and nods his head.

"You're still in pain, your wound hasn't healed all the way and you'll be doing a lot today and-" I interrupt him by kissing him and I feel him smile against my mouth.

"Could you hand me some lipstick in my purse, I really don't want to walk any more in these shoes than I need do." I whine and he laughs and nods his head walking across the room.

I look back in the mirror and straighten my dress and notice how my skin is now free of any bruises and scars, and it's only been a week since the battle. Mark of course killed Alpha Dylan and with the Beta dead as well, the third in command did what was in the packs interest and surrendered all land to Mark. Now we'll be taking in new members as well as losing some as they choose where to live now. As for this moment, I'm getting ready for Mark and Crystal's wedding which members from both packs will now attend and will also be the reveal for the Alpha's sons. Jeremy has told me that it's quite a special moment.

"Here. We'll be outside." He kisses my cheek before leaving the room. I go to the bathroom where there's a better mirror for me to apply my make up when I stop and notice the small untouched shopping bag on the counter. My stomach churns and my wound stings as I think about just how unready I was to have kids and now that I can't have them...I take a deep breath.

"Thanks dad" I mutter and throw the bag of contraceptives into the trash and finish my make up.

I carefully head downstairs in my heels holding onto my side and smile when Jeremy walks in through the front door looking worried.

"I should have stayed to help you downstairs" he says and grabs my hand.

"I'm fine. Let's go now." I say and we walk outside to see Isaac waiting for us in Jeremy's car. He honks the horn excitedly when he sees us and Jeremy growls lowly.

"The only reason I'm letting him drive my car is so I can pay more attention to you." He says and opens the door for me.

"I'll make it up to you." I kiss his cheek and slide into the car with him following after me.

We're among the first few to arrive at the pack house and I already see the bridesmaids Crystal chose waiting outside for me. They crowd the car as soon as Isaac finishes parking and open my door to rush me inside as they ramble on and on about helping Crystal getting ready, I look back at Jeremy expecting him to help me out of this hoard of bossy women but he just laughs and waves goodbye. I sigh and try my best to keep up with them but I'm left almost breathless when we enter her dressing room and I see her blonde hair curled beautifully past her shoulders with white flowers placed carefully on a few strands. She smiles warmly when she sees me and embraces me immediately.

"We've been waiting for you. I was worried you wouldn't show." She smiles and rubs my side soothingly.

"It's time!" One of the bridesmaids squeals as she carries in the beautiful white gown Crystal will wear, her eyes sparkle immediately as she looks at it. She discards the robe she wears as we all help her get into the fitted gown.

"It's a good thing the twins came early, we were just about to get the dressed fitted to make room for my stomach." She jokes as she smooths out the dress around her stomach in the mirror.