Chapter 8

A/N: Warning spoiler alert in this chapter for anyone who hasn't read My rogue yet. If you're confused just reread chapters 26 to 30 to better understand. I promise after this chapter things will no longer involve my rogue and simple involve Rebecca and Jeremy's love story. Thanks for understanding!!

Rebecca's POV

The day's events wore me out so much that I didn't really pay attention to what happened afterwards. With Mark apologizing it made me realize he was the one I had to talk to. If Trevor came after us then Marius still has a deal with my family. I wanted to call my grandfather to check but Jeremy would hear me. These damn wolves. I'm not weak. I could help them. After today I would be willing to actually to kill my own family. The whole reason we came here was stupid. It's brought me nothing but pain. I'd me more than happy to end it.

**********

The next two days Mark has put together a bunch if wolves to fight against Marius as well as some wolf that's immortal with some type of powers. He would hide them and Jeremy would lead them, distracting him enough so that I could follow with my weapon of choice. A bow and arrow. If my grandfather was fighting tonight I would find him and make him tell me the truth. About why I can only be safe with Jeremy and who is after me.

Night falls and I watch Crystal basically walk towards her own death. She's the only friend I have. I'll protect her no matter what.

I keep my distance when following behind and even stop when I make some small noise incase they notice but eventually they stop and I immediately look for higher ground to get clearer shots. I find an oak tree that puts me at the perfect view to look at Jeremy, Mark and Crystal. They were talking now and I load my arrow the moment I see Trevor move closer to Jeremy. Something about his body language made me nervous and worried for him.

My concerns became a reality when Trevor shifted and attacked him. It was the first time I actually froze instead if shooting immediately. I was actually scared of losing Jeremy. I began hearing Mark yelling and I saw that somehow Trevor and Jeremy disappeared. I felt like crying but stopped immediately when I looked down and saw that wolf looking at me. His name was Gabriel he smirked up at me but I glared back. Once again, this moment of weakness brought another terrible event. I heard the snap of a bow and immediately knew an arrow had been fired but when I saw who it landed into my emotions got the best of me. Crystal. I teared up and looked for my target immediately, when the second arrow hit Crystal, mine took down the archer who shot her. The fight was on. The moment i reached the ground, I dodged all the wolves running to kill my family. I saw Mark staring at her body in disbelief, he was practically frozen in place I'm surprised I was actually able to get his attention.

"GO THEY NEED YOU!" I scream at him and his eyes turn black and he turns around and shifts. I lay Crystal on her back and place my hands over her wound, the look in her eyes sends tears down my face, she already looks dead.

"Help him" she voice breaks and I look up to see Mark being restrained by four arrows in his back. I hold back a sob as each one of my arrows take down their target, my family.

I'm just about to load another arrow when to the side of my vision I notice Marius charging towards me and knocking me off my feet. The contact felt like getting hit by a truck but was nothing compared to what he did next. What felt like a million knifes biting into my shoulder lifted me up making me scream. And the next thing I knew I was flung through the air like nothing and landing amongst the other dead bodies of wolves and humans.

I cry out when I feel my blood beginning to soak my clothes. I hold my shoulder and cry until I notice the wolves fighting nearly 10 feet in front of me.

"Jeremy" my voice croaks and i begin to crawl towards him until I hear a voice call my name.

"Grandpa?!" I cry and force myself on my feet to run towards him. He's holding his neck and there's so much blood around his hand I can't even see the wound.

"No. Please no!" I sob and place my hands there as well. He slaps them away pulls me close to his face.

"Your father!....he's coming!" He chokes and I feel his blood spit into my face.

"My father is dead...grandpa...please you're delusional." I sob and shake my head letting my tears fall on him.

He shakes his head and I feel him squeeze me tighter,"He'll find you...and explain..every..thing" he begins to gasp and I watch helplessly as he chokes on his own blood and I watch the life leave his eyes. I sob out loud and place my hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming.

I hear a wolf whine and I see that Jeremy and Trevor are still fighting. I groan as I reach behind me to grab my last arrow. Jeremy is losing I can tell at any moment Trevor will rip his throat out.

I hold back a scream as I pull my injured arm back and take my aim. I don't know if he will hate me for this. I'm going to kill his brother. I can't lose him. I let tear stream down my cheek as I let my arrow go straight through Trevor's eye and he drops immediately shifting back to his human form.

Jeremy stays as a wolf staring at him for a moment before he finally hears my labored breathing. The amount of blood I'm losing is making me see spots as well as the shock of losing my grandfather makes me want to sleep and never wake up.

"Get up" I hear Jeremy say quietly as he places my arm around his neck.

"He would have killed you.." i sob and he doesn't say anything. The field has gone quiet now but I keep my head down not wanting to look at the aftermath.

We go where there's a small crowd of wolves that survived and I see Mark holding Crystal's lifeless body.

"No.." I sob quietly and feel myself getting more weak. Jeremy holds me tighter against him and the warmth from his chest makes me collapse finally and slip into the desperate sleep I needed.