Chapter 12

When I wake up Jeremy is whispering in my ear to get ready. I guess he's resuming his old duties as Crystal's bodyguard.

He helps me to take my bandages off so I can shower and thats when I get a really good look at the 4 bite marks Marius left in my shoulder and upper arm. Each mark is a slightly red around each dark hole and I turn my head away not baring to even look at myself in the mirror. The water stings at first when it touches my wounds but the feeling slowly disappears. Showering never seemed harder with this new injury, any soap near it would sting and I would have to wash my hair with hand since it would too much to raise the other arm.

After I'm finished getting ready I put on another long sleeve shirt to hide my bandages and sweater just for good measure, it works well for me anyways since summer is over and the weather is getting colder outside, although I'm surprised to find Jeremy in a simple gray t-shirt when I greet him downstairs.

"You might want to put a sweater on. It is cold outside." I say putting my hands in the pocket of my hoodie.

He smiles and places a lingering kiss on my forehead,"Wolves don't get cold." He says and I roll my eyes. Of course they don't.

"What exactly happened last night?" I ask hoping to hear more about my father. Jeremy just shrugs and starts walking towards Mark and Crystal's house.

"Nothing really. Some rogue got cocky and ran along the pack border trying to get through." He says and I remember last night at the party and hearing that growl in the woods, he definitely made it way past the pack borders. Was he trying to find me?

"So he was alone then?" I ask and Jeremy looks at me strangely.

"I didn't mention it was a man." He says and I act quick to cover myself.

"Most of the times rogues are guys aren't they? It's all that I ever killed when I was with my family." I say and Jeremy silently agrees.

We walk for about 10 minutes before reaching their house and Jeremy has a strange look on his face.

"What is it?" I ask as he opens the door.

"Mark is still home" he says and looks upstairs and almost on cue Mark comes into view at the top of the stairs looking a little frustrated.

"She's been throwing up all morning and won't let me see her" he says running a hand through his hair.

"I could talk to her" I say and don't wait for a reply while I run upstairs and into their room.

When I walk in their bed is unmade and I hear Crystal gagging and throwing up in the next room. I knock gently once and I hear the toilet flush.

"Go away! Whoever you are go!" I hear her yell and then vomit again.

"It's me." I say gently and after a minute of shuffling the door unlocks. I barely catch a glance of her face before she's back to dry heaving over the toilet. My nose scrunches up at the smell in the room but I do my best to comfort my only friend as she moans in disgust in the toilet.

My eyes travel to her stomach and I see that her shirt as slightly risen up, the area where she was shot is no longer there and instead her stomach now slightly sticks put even more. I knew wolves were faster at everything but even pregnancy?

I hear Crystal sniffle and she lifts her head up and flushes the toilet one more time. I help her get up and watch as she brushes her teeth for several minutes, she stops a few times and I feel like she's going to throw up again but she doesn't.

"Come on I'm not ready to be up yet" she sighs and I help her get into bed. Her body is incredibly warm and I see her slowly closing her eyes and start putting her blanket over and turn to leave when she grabs my wrist. She slowly sits up and leans back on her elbows.

"How have you and Jeremy been?" She says her voice sounding tired, it makes me smile thinking about how she knows she needs to rest but cares about my relationship as well.

I sigh and sit in the bed near her legs and shrug my shoulders, she seems fully awake now as she lifts herself up and sits against the headboard. I pick at the threads of the blanket over her and she puts her hand over mine. No wonder the people in this pack adore her, I've never met someone with so much kindness in their eyes. I can't even imagine what hell she went through with Marius stalking her for months.

"It's complicated." I say and my thoughts wander to my father.

"What if there was someone more important than my mate to worry about? What would happen if I left Jeremy?" I ask and her smile turns sad.

"Rebecca. I know this has been said to you a million times but you're only human. You don't understand now. But let him turn you. I swear the feeling is unbelievable. The love you'll share will be stronger than anything you could ever imagine" she says and I lower my head down in shame and feel tears forming in my eyes and when I look back up she's slightly surprised.

"We're friends right? I can tell you anything?" My voice cracks. She nods her head quickly and squeezes my hand.

"Rebecca...has he hurt you?" She asks quietly and I wipe away my tears and shake my head.

"No. My father is coming for me. He was the rogue in your pack yesterday." I say and she straightens herself immediately and looks at me confused.

"He wasn't always a wolf. He was human he was my dad. My last memory of him was watching him being dragged away in some wolf's mouth. For years I thought he was dead. But my grandfather, before he died, he told Jeremy had taken me. I think he wants to take me back and apart of me wants to go with him." I sob and she closes the space between us and hugs me tightly and rubbing the back of my head.

I've never felt more guilty in my life. Here I have man completely devoted to me and willing to do anything for my happiness and I can't return the feeling. All I can do is count the days I have to wait until my father makes his move.

"You can't leave Rebecca. You're his mate. Leaving him would break him. I've been at the end. If you reject him he'll have no will to live. You have to forget about your father" she tells me sternly placing her hands on my shoulders.

The best thing about being human is that these wolves can't get into my head, I nod at her but inside I'm fuming. She doesn't understand. I don't know her. Or the relationship she had with her parents but he was my godamn damn father. I thought he was gone. I'm not losing him again.

"I'm sorry. I was being dumb. I just needed to let someone know." I force a smile and she smiles back but I see in her eyes that she's still worried.

"How do you know that rogue was your father? Did he speak to you? As a wolf?" She asks and I nod my head and she sighs closing her eyes.

"That explains why you're Jeremy's mate. Something in your father's blood meant for you to be a wolf eventually one day. He took your mother's last name didn't he?" She asks and I nod again. I never knew anything about my father's side of the family. I never met them, knew their names or anything. I'm pretty sure they don't even know that I exist or that my father "died".

"Something in him is wolf. That's why he can talk to you. You have to let the change happen to you Rebecca. After that I swear you'll never be unhappy here" she says and I nod my head agreeing with her. I excuse myself from the room and let her rest and go downstairs to see Jeremy sitting on the couch patiently. His eyes brighten when he notices me coming downstairs and that familiar ball of guilt forms in my stomach.

I know Crystal's words had no intention behind them, but they made me want to see my father even more. For him to explain what happened that night, why he was hidden from me and what he wants from me now.

"She's resting now. I guess she'll be up in an hour or 2" I say and he nods.

"Crystal said yesterday she wanted to get you a bridesmaid dress. I guess she'll do that when she wakes up. I know you'll love it here really." He beams at me and I smile at him and listen as he talks on and on about the different attractions the pack has to offer even towards a human like me.

I'm sure the pack itself is beautiful, it's the members and their hostility that I'm worried about.

A/N: please don't forget to vote!