Chapter 13

By the time Crystal wakes up it's almost the afternoon, I wonder how long she had been throwing up before we got here. She fixes us all something to eat and I admire the way she's able to get Jeremy to talk so much. I'm jealous even...I wonder if she wants to tell him what we talked about.

After we finish eating,Jeremy drives into the city where Crystal said she looked up where the nice dress shops are. Somehow she managed to get rid of Jeremy so we can be alone but I knew he was going to nearby.

"When's the wedding going to be?" I ask her as I mindlessly pull at the silk skirt of a purple dress a mannequin is wearing.

"Probably around Christmas, a month or two before I'm due." She says and rubs her stomach.

"How long is your pregnancy? I thought I knew everything about wolves." I say remembering my training days with my grandfather.

"6 months. Everything you know about wolves has do with fighting. You'll understand more once your one of us." She says and pulls out a dress to look at it.

"Do you think people hate me? For being a wolf hunter? I was at your party and a lot of the woman there didn't really talk to me." I say feeling a little sad.

"I'm not sure a of people know really. Or they don't care after they heard about what you did during that fight. A lot of people thank you for how brave you acted." She says and smiles as she holds out a dress against my body.

"You should definitely try this on." She says and I look down at the beautiful dark blue color. It really does look beautiful, a floor length dress with a simple low cut back, for the life of me I can't remember the last time I wore a dress that wasn't black.

I nod my head and grab the dress and head off to the dressing room while she continues looking at more. But the moment I put the dress on I fell in love, it fit perfectly. I smiled at myself in the mirror as I twirled in it. I look down and start fixing the wrinkles out of the dress when I hear the curtain of the dressing room open.

"Crystal this dress is.." His smell hits me and I keep my head down. He takes one step and I work fast to grab the small silver knife I kept in my purse and turn around to grab the unknown man and press him hard against the wall of the dressing room with my arm against his throat while holding the knife against his throat with my other arm.

"Who the fuck are you? What do you want?" I ask as I stare into his dark brown eyes. I notice the scar of 3 claw marks starting at his cheek and leading down to his neck. His auburn hair looks like mess across his forehead, how did he even manage to get into a place like this?

"You've grown. I bet your grandpa trained you." His deep voice says calmly and my hand starts shaking.

"But the knife down Becky." He says in the same tone. His eyes are looking more familiar now, so call and soothing.

"Listen to your father." He says and slowly brings his hand up to my elbow and lowers my arm.

I feel tears threatening to spill in my eyes as a smile grows on his face. He's lowered both my arms now and and squeezes them gently.

"Dad...what-"he shushes me and shakes his head.

"We don't have a lot of time. The Luna will wonder where you are. I've missed you Rebecca. My sweet girl. Please don't hate me." He says and I shake my head.

"Where have you been? You can't leave me please. Dad. What happened to you?" I start crying and he places his hand over my mouth.

"I only came to see you. I'm gonna get you out of here. We'll live in the city. Just the two of us. I've got a deal with another pack that will fix everything and you're helping so much sweetheart." He says smiling wildly. I want to ask him how I'm helping, I want him to explain everything but I'm too overwhelmed by seeing him again. His smiles dissappears when he looks at the mark on my neck.

"He can't come Becky. He's a monster. Let me know if he hurts you. I'm sorry I have to go." He says and before I can even open my mouth he shoves a cellphone into my hand and leaves the dressing room. I look through it and only find one number in the contacts list.

The curtain opens again and this time it's Crystal smiling at me. "Look at you!" She beams and looks at the dress on my body. Her smiles dissappears and she starts smelling the room, she opens her mouth to say something when I stop her.

"I can't afford this dress. Its beautiful but I can't." I say and force myself to laugh to fight the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. Her smile returns.

"Jeremy is paying for you ofcourse. He's off shopping somewhere for you in all these stores." She says my heartaches but my I nod my head. She leaves the room and I begin undressing and put the cellphone in my purse. She can't know. I can only trust my father.

Jeremy comes back to meet us at the dress shop and pays for me and I notice he has other bags with him from other stores meant for women.

"Crystal you didn't want to look for your wedding dress today?" I ask as we get into the car.

"At the rate my stomach is growing, it's better to wait until the last minute to fit into a dress but I have an idea in mind." She says and I smile at how excited she is. It must be a nice feeling, being in love.

When reach the house again I notice that strange wolf leaning against the porch outside,waiting for us.

"What is it Gabriel?" Jeremy asks and Crystal sniffs the air and growls lowly and grabs my arm protectively.

"What's wrong?" Jeremy says and I feel uncomfortable as Gabriel looks at us with those eyes, one brown, one green. The same as Crystals. They make her unique but on him, it just makes him more intimidating which matches his bipolar personality even more.

"It would appear Alpha Dylan sent a message to Ms. Devereaux. But I took care of it." He says smiling.

"What message?" Crystal asks. I've never seen her so worried. Who's Dylan?

"Something about a congrats on your engagement and pregnancy. And that he will be in attendance of the wedding. But it won't be a pleasant visit. But don't worry he'll get the message from us once he realizes his messengers won't be returning." He stands facing us now and my stomach churns when I see his left hand covered in blood.

Jeremy growls and Gabriel just smiles at him, I look over at Crystal who looks extremely panicked can someone explain this to me?

"We have another traitor in the pack, how else could he have found out?" She says looking at Jeremy and I notice a pained look in his eyes when reminded of Trevor.

"If so. I'd be happy to find them." Gabriel says extending his canines and smiling.

A/N: if hearing the name Alpha Dylan is confusing all you need to know was that he controls the pack Crystal escaped from and he wants her dead so don't forget to vote and comment any questions if you're confused :)